Ahmed Rami Elsherif
SAP – WEB Interfaces
• One of the important challenges in a SAP
implementation is its integration with other systems in
the enterprise; another one is WEB enabling and
• SAP provides a basic infrastructure for integrations that
is secure, efficient and transparent.
SAP Integration Technology
Used in the presented
SCRIPT RFC y BAPI
Data is created/read in real-time in/from SAP.
User friendly screens without extraneous fields.
Minimal training time.
Knowledge of how to navigate in SAP is not
Examples - Downstream
• Import/Export Data: Reads data from different modules of
SAP, Save it in a local database, generate data
equivalences and export it to other systems in a pre
• Margin Analysis: Reads sales data from SD module, cost
of goods sold from CO Module, saves data in a SQL flat
table and produces margin analysis in different
dimensions and units.
• Purchase Order for Transport Service: Reads transport
operations registered in SAP (IS-OIL), aggregates
contract conditions, generates the conciliation sheet,
generates the SAP PO of the service, and liberates it.
Data Export From SAP
Read SAP apply
Field X in SAP =
Field Y in Sys. N
Generate Text files to
be consumed by other
Scripts to generate
Apply and update
Repeat the same
process for different
Write Flat Table
Scripts to present
Multi Unit Analysis
with drill downs.
Transport Service PO
SAP Purchase Relate Data Order
created in real time
Operations SAP IS OIL
VIA BAPI Call
• Although SAP is intended to cover all activities in the
enterprise other auxiliary or activity specific systems, will
exist and for that integration with SAP is essential.
• ABAP is the official programming language of SAP, but
every thing that can be done in ABAP also can be done
in other programming languages using RFC and BAPIs.