2. TOMATO SOUPINGREDIENTS1/2 kg tomatoes (or 1 large tinpreserved tomatoes) 1 onion, finelychopped 1 carrot, chopped 1/4 cupbutter 1 celery leaf, finely choppped 1tspn corn flour 1 cube chicken stock(for extra taste) Salt Pepper 1 tspnsugarMETHODHeat the butter in a saucepan androast the onions. Add some water,the corn flour and stir in order todissolve the corn flour. Add 5 cups ofwater, the rest of the ingredients andsimmer until the vegetables aretender. Remove from heat. Sievesoup if you desire. Serve hot.
3. STUFFED TURKEYIngredients:•8-9 pound turkey or capon(approximately) with giblets•2/3 cup of olive oil•1/3 pound of ground lamb (orground beef)•10-12 chestnuts, boiled, shelled,and cut into small chunks•2 medium onions, chopped•1 bay leaf•1/4 cup of rosé or white wine•2 tablespoons of ground pine nuts•1/2 cup of boiled rice (white orbrown)•1 cup of water•3 tablespoons of canned choppedtomatoes•salt•pepper
4. BREADIngredients:•8 cups of all-purpose flour•1 teaspoon of salt•1 1/2 tablespoons of dry yeast•1 cup of warm water (105F, 40C)•1 cup of warm red wine•1/2 cup of olive oil•1/4 cup of orange juice•1/4 cup of brandy•grated peel of 2 oranges•1 cup of sugar•1 1/2 cups of raisins•1 1/2 cups of walnuts, coarselychopped•1/3 cup of pine nuts•1 tablespoon of grated gum masticor 1 tablespoon of crushed anise seed•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon•1 teaspoon ground cloves•1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5. Sugar CookiesChristmas menuIngredients3 cups all-purpose flour2 teaspoons baking powder1/4 teaspoon salt1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter ormargarine (at room temperature)1 cup granulated sugar2 large eggs2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6. •For the Topping•milk•2 whole walnuts in shells•sesame seeds2 teaspoons grated lemon rindmulticolored sugar sprinkles(optional) For icing:2 1/2 cups sifted confectioners sugar1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract3 to 4 tablespoons cold waterassorted food colors
7. VASILOPITAINGREDIENTS :1 cup fresh milk2 teaspoons yeast4 eggs, separated1 cup milk-butter, melted1 ½ cup sugar1 envelope mahlepi, crushedZest of 1 lemon1 level teaspoon salt1 kilo flourHandful of blanched almonds
8. SMALL ALMOND CAKES700g (1lb 9oz) butter 300g (1 1/4cups) olive oil 1/2 cup sugar 3 yolksand 1 egg white 1 teaspoon bakingsoda 3 tbsp cognac 1 tbsp cinnamonpowder 700g (1lb 9oz) blanched andground 1200g (nearly 10 cups) flour4 cups of icing sugar (caster sugar) ina bowl for coating.
9. CHRISTMAS HONEY SWEET48 servings7 cup of All-purpose unbleached flour Extraflour for kneading 1 1/2 teaspoon of Bakingsoda 1/4 teaspoon of Salt 1 3/4 cup of Mildolive oil 1 1/4 cup of Sugar 1/2 cup ofCognac -OR- mavrothaphne wine -OR- rubyport 3 oranges; zested and juiced 4 teaspoonof Freshly ground cinnamon 1 1/2 teaspoon ofFreshly ground clove 3/4 teaspoon of Freshlygrated nutmeg SYRUP1 pound of Honey; (1 lb = about 2 cups) 1 cupof Sugar 1 1-inch piece of cinnamon 1 Clove 1lemon; zested and juiced 1 cup of WaterTOPPING1/2 cup of Shelled almonds 1 tablespoon ofSugar 1 teaspoon of Freshly ground cinnamon