Who are action-adventure films
usually aimed at?
• What makes you think this?
UK cinema - Audience by age and gender
Information from www.cinemauk.org.uk
• Watch the following clips taken from a range of
• See if you can identify the target audience –
gender, age, interests?
• Support your answer with specific examples.
• What did you find out?
• Who do you think is the main target audience
for action-adventure films?
• Do they fall into the 29% of cinema goers
between the ages of 15–24?
Going Against the Grain
• Watch the next clip.
• Do you think the target audience for this film is
someone other than men?
• What about the film’s secondary audience?
• Write a presentation outlining your film idea.
• You must cover the following points - so use them as
subheadings to structure your presentation:
– Narrative – What is the film going to be about?
– Iconography – How will we know it is an action-adventure film?
– Characters – What type will you use? Which celebrities will star
– Setting – How will this connote action?
– USP – What is your unique selling point?
– Audience – Who is the target audience?