Lesson 16 - Globalised world Representation of issues
In groups of fours…
• List words that represent ideas or images that
you associate with the subject of developing
• Incorporate these words into visually graphical
mind-map (turn the words into pictures).
• Where do you encounter images or information
about developing nations?
• What does the term ‘developing nation’ mean?
• “A country with a low standards of living,
generally indicated by severe poverty, low
income and education levels, high birth rate, and
poorly developed social, economic, and
Clean drinking water
• These basic amenities are what DEVELOPING
Examples of DEVELOPING nations
• South Korea – Economically
• India – Democracy
• Bhutan – Transition into modernity
• This is a relatively new term… it replaced the
older term ‘Third World’
• What negative stereotypes does the older
• Newer term that is often used when talking about
‘developing nations’ and ‘third world’
• What does the term global development mean?
• When might developed countries assist less developed
Promoting women’s rights
Ensuring access to clean water
What types of people are involved?
• Non-governmental organisations
• The UN
Create a class graphic representation
How are developing countries represented in
How are natural disasters in developing
• Write a short response on the topic (or an
aspect of it that you want to focus on).
• Developing nations are often shown to us
through the ………….. . These countries are
often represented as ………..…