Introduction of Mrs Schneider’s
experiences with business, ideas
• Psychology & Social Sciences at UNSW right out of High
School; ANZ teller; keen cyclist; fell in love, moved to
• Lived in Canada for 13 years; USA for 2 years; 2 kids
• Made $6.85/hr at Baker’s Dozen + tips!
• 3 year Diploma in Business & IT
• worked as IT Analyst at EDS; worked as professor of
IT/Business at Durham College
• Love to travel; Japan, Hong Kong, Germany, Ontario,
PEI, Mexico, Vanuatu, Fiji, Hawaii, Chicago, Texas, St.
Simon’s Island, New Orleans, Detroit etc….
• BofEd degree with Distinction & University Medal
We liked making soap. We also loved to mountain
• Yes & No!
• Most of our ideas never left the initial thinking
stage, some got to the prototype stage and some
made money. We were never driven to make
money and so we did not put a lot of effort into
marketing, mass production etc.
• Our creative & innovative minds did however
prove to be of value in our work environments (in
class discussion with real examples)
• Thinking group activity
• Why do we come up with ideas?
• Can ideas be forced? Can we make ourselves be
• What are some of the things that stop us from making
ideas into reality?