What is Werzeug?
Werzeug is a WSGI utility library for python.
It is simple to use yet one of the most advanced
and powerful WSGI utility modules.
Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI ) is a standard
interface through which web server and web application
written in Python communicates.
A WSGI server receives request from client , passes it to the
application and sends the response provided by the
application back to the client.
Features of Werzeug
• It has fully features request and response
• It has HTTP utilities to handle entity tags
cache control headers, HTTP dates , cookie
handling, file uploads and a powerful URL
• Provides Unicode support.
• It supports Python 2.6 and higher versions.
• Werzeug is a base of frameworks like Flask and other
frameworks developed for commercial websites and products.
What is Jinja2?
Jinja2 is a fully featured simple to use template engine for
Wide Range of features of Jinja2 includes:
• Sandbox execution mode.
• Powerful automatic HTML escaping system for cross site
• Template inheritance which makes it possible to use similar
layout for all templates.
• Easy to debug with debugging system that integrates
compile and runtime errors into standard Python traceback
• Optional Ahead of time template compilation.
• Configurable syntax.
Interesting Flask Features:
• It contains development server and debugger.
• It has integrated support for unit testing.
• It uses Jinja2 template engine.
• RESTful request dispatching.
• It includes support for cookies . (client side session)
• 100 % WSGI compliant.
• Unicode based.
• Google App Engine compatible.
• Extensions are available to add in ORM, form
validation, file uploading and to enhance desired
Create a n isolated development environment -> $ virtualenv flaskapp