Introduction Kings County Human Services Agency assists people who suffer hardship or have been unable to participate fully in social and economic life of the community. Our Agency is working to meet the needs of the community as it grows and changes. From protecting children and elders, to expanding health coverage, to providing resources that keeps our workforce strong .
Protects children from abuse and neglect
Provides health care insurance to low-income children, parents, seniors and disabled adults
Ensures 24 hour response to seniors who are victims of abuse
Works with the unemployed to sharpen their job hunting skills
Establishes resources and program referral services for dependent adults and seniors
Assists and encourages parenting and pregnant teens to remain in high school
Recruits foster homes for children in need
Helps families in crisis to learn to parent
Helps adults with special needs live independently
Provides support services for grandparents caring for their grandchildren to avoid foster care placement
Human Services Agency In Kings County
To protect the children and adults of Kings County who are at risk
To promote safety and well being of the families of Kings County to achieve family permanence, stability and self reliance
To provide temporary economic assistance for those in need
To provide comprehensive employment and training services that promote personal responsibility, insure self-sufficiency, job retention and self-esteem
Integrity Be open and honest, trustworthy, ethical and fair
Dignity Treat all persons with respect
Excellence Provide quality, integrated, sustainable and innovative public service
Accountability Take ownership, be fiscally responsible and result driven
Leadership Be personally responsible and a positive example for others
Emergency Response (ER)
Independent Living Program (ILP)
Foster Parent Recruitment and Training
Family Preservation/Support Board
provides and oversees special funding for intensive family preservation services, as well as, community based grant funds for programs aimed at reducing the likelihood of abuse, neglect and delinquency. This Board also acts as the County’s Child Abuse Council, a multidisciplinary council, administered through the Human Services Agency, aimed at providing efforts to reduce the likelihood of abuse and neglect.
Family Preservation/Support Board
Children whose best interest would be served through the development and implementation of permanent plan, specifically adoption.
* Encouraging adoptions through the foster care system when adoption serve the best interest.
* Increasing the amount of adoption through the foster care system.
* Pre and post adoptive services designed to expedite the adoption process and support adoptive families.
* Identify prospective adoptive parents.
Family Preservation & Support Worker Target Population in regard to Adoption Promotion and Support
Examples of cases to referred
* Adoption cases when the prospective adoptive parents need assistance with completing the paperwork
* Adoption cases when the prospective adoptive parents need financial assistance with completing adopting and/or supportive services.
* Adoption cases where prospective adoptive parents and/or children need additional contacts, information and support.
Examples of services provided by FPSP social worker and plans for future services
* Links to other services in the community.
* Support, encouragement, empowering, etc.
* One on one time with children the adoptive family.
* Information on topics including the court process, AAP, attachment disorders and other diagnoses, etc.
* In the process of developing an Adoption Support group for pre and post adoptive families.
Kings County Human Services Social Services Division