1. Oprah Winfreys family is her mom and her dad and her grandmother! her mothers name is Vernita Lee she was 18 when Oprah was born. Her father is Vernon Winfrey, he was 25 yrs old when Oprah was born and her grandmother is Hattie Mae Lee. Oprah became pregnant after being raped at age 14. Her baby was born premature and died. She has not had any children after that. She is not married and for many years has lived with her boyfriend Stedman. Although she has not raised any children herself, she helps many poor children in a myriad of ways. She built a school for girls in Africa.
2. Her grandmother taught her to read when she was only two years old. She skipped kindergarten and second grade, but the remainder of her grade school and high school education was not exceptional. She attended Tennessee State University but left a few months before receiving a degree when she was offered a position as news anchor for WJZ-TV in Baltimore. Oprah was an extremely active student. Her Nashville East High school activities included drama, debate, and she was a member of the student council.
3. Former Host of The Oprah Winfrey Show Chairwoman and CEO of Harpo Productions Chairwoman, CEO, and CCO of the Oprah Winfrey Network
4. She was famous because she inspires people like you and has a TV show. She is the epitome of political correctness, and that is the most popular thing today. Oprah Winfrey helps people that need it. She helps people that need to lose weight also. She helps out African girls in getting a proper education.
5. Oprah became famous by appealing to women all over America while pushing racism against white males in America. Oprah had a hidden agenda that played into the propaganda in our text books from school and PBS. Oprah is not what miss housewife across America thinks she is. That is not to say she hasnt done some good things but she is still anti white. However, I know she will run for President after Obama. She will also be very hard to beat. She will be the first black women president.
6. This month brings to a close to 25 years of the Oprah Winfrey daytime talk show in which she entertained, informed and inspired women and men around the globe. I taped and watch the two-day Oprah star spectacular a few times already. I have such gratitude and admiration for her and the impact she has had over the years. I am not surprised by the statistics they shared that outlined her impact on the world since I was with her every step of the way but the volumes are tremendous. Oprah leaves us with so much more than we can ever thank her for in this lifetime.
7. Oprah Winfrey born Gail Winfrey January 29, 1954 is an American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist. Winfrey is best known for her self-titled, multi-award-winning talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" which was the highest-rated program of its kind in history and was nationally syndicated from 1986 to 2011. She has been ranked the richest African-American of the 20th century the greatest black philanthropist in American history, and was for a time the worlds only black billionaire. She is also, according to some assessments, the most influential woman in the world.