1. Question 6 What have you learnt abouttechnologies from the process of constructing this product?
2. Technology Used Printer Adobe Photoshop Internet
3. Adobe PhotoshopI used Adobe Photoshop to make my musicmagazine’s front cover and editing the photos on mycontents and double page spread. I used manyeffects on photos and text to make it suitable for mytarget audience. Also, the effect on Photoshop wereeasy to use and had very clear results meaning myproduct was enticing and looked professional. Forexample, drop shadow made my text grab thereaders attention and the healing tool gave the bandsare model like finish. On other programmes I doubtthere would have been such a wide range oftechniques I could have used to make my magazinelook like a real music magazine.
4. Front Page - Photoshop When it came to my front cover I used Photoshop in many different ways to get my final product. I manipulated the background using levels for a different feeling to the image. I also learnt the healing tool which smoothed any imperfections which gave the magazine a more of a professional feel. Also, I learnt to use drop shadow which made the text on the magazine have an almost 3D feel so therefore it stands out to the reader.
5. Double Page Spread - Photoshop When editing the image for my double page spread I mainly changed the levels which affect the lightening. I used the paint/blur tool on certain objects in the image which meant they were less distracting to 1 2 the audience. Similarity though curves I made the background darker and the artists stand out more so therefore they are more dominant. I wouldn’t have been able to do those techniques on Photoshop if I started without experimenting and learning on the 3 preliminary task. 4
6. InDesign• I used Adobe InDesign to make my contents page and double page spread. Adobe InDesign gave me the ability to set out my contents and double page spread in a professional way which was simple to use. Also, I was able to put frames around text and pictures to help them stand out against the background. Although I could not have edited images in InDesign it was very easy to place my edited images from Photoshop to my contents and double page spread.
7. Contents - InDesignWhen it came to InDesign, I learnt a lot in the process. I found InDesigneasier to use than Photoshop as from my preliminary task I learnt howto add text boxes, place in images, and change the colours. The image Itook for my contents, I edited in Photoshop. I did this because I wantedit to look more professional and more arty so therefore it would standout.
8. Blogger• I used blogger.com to publish all my work on one easy webpage. It enabled me to see the progress of my work and then make relevant changes. Blogger.com allowed me to show different IT skills and publish my work from other websites such as Prezi, Scribd and SlideShare through the use of embed codes. I updated my own personal blog on blogger.com every time I had completed a new task from the task booklet.