2. OutlineO What is FacebookO The history of FacebookO The social networkO uses of FacebookO How to make account.O the users of FacebookO Why people use FacebookO The advantage & disadvantage of FacebookO Privacy & security issuesO Children &Facebook
3. FacebookFacebook is a social networking service and Web sitelaunched in February 2004
4. Facebook foundedFacebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg with hiscollege roommates and fellow computer science students.
5. The movie
6. What is the history of FacebookThe Web sites membership was initially limited by thefounders to Harvard students.expanded to other colleges in the Boston.added support for students at various otheruniversities before opening to high school students.
7. What is a social networkO A social networking service is an online service, or site that focuses on building and reflecting of social networks or social relations among people, who share interests or activities.
8. social network
9. the uses of social networkO It saves time.O Meeting others with similar interests.O As emails, addresses and cell phone numbers change throughout your life, you always have a constant place to reach someone.O Social Networking enables you to reach out to OLD friends.O makes you part of a worldwide community who come to explore technology to their advantage, whether for personal or business purpose.
10. the uses of social networkO Personal Reasons.O Business – Connecting with customers.O Marketing.O Entertainment.
11. How to make account in Facebook?Step 1
12. Step 2O Enter your first name, last name, a valid e-mail address, a password, your gender, and your birthday.
13. Step 3O Enter the captcha if prompted.
14. Step 4O Confirm your account .
15. Step 5O Accept some friend requests if people have previously invited you to Facebook.
16. Step 6O Find some of your friends by providing your password to your email or your AIM username and password.
17. Step 7O Fill out some of your profile info such as what company you work for and where you went to school.
18. Step 8O Enter the city you live in to try to join the network for that city.
20. the largest segment of people use FacebookO in 2004, it was initially limited to college students.O expanded to allow any person over age 13 to join.O in 2010, New York Times reported that 50% of Facebooks U.S. members were age 35 or older.O compared to just 26.8 percent who were age 24 or younger.O there were 629 million Facebook users worldwide as of March 2011.O the largest U.S. age segment using Facebook are those between the ages of 18 and 25 (50.6 million).
21. the largest segment of people use Facebook
22. the largest segment of people use Facebook
23. Why people use Facebook?O It’s more of a 2 way interaction than on a blog.O The message system there is nicer to read than email.O to connect with our family or friends.O It is a great venue to communicate with a lot of people.O Facebook allows you to post updates, photos and videos.O you need not send multiple e-mails because you can just make a post where everybody can give their responses.
24. Who to use Facebook in a useful way.O Share book reviews.O Practice a foreign language.O Share multimedia.O Post class notes.O Provide direct communication with instructors.O Brainstorm.O Share interesting websites.O Post homework.
25. The advantage of Facebook.• Lets user search for new and old friends.• Available to chosen universities having a high level of security.• Makes it less difficult when communicating with strangers or individuals you do not know.• Makes it simpler to join groups having corresponding likes and dislikes.• Lets users to check students who are in the same class, living within the same location, or coming from the same academy.
26. The Disadvantage of FacebookMore and more people.Long distance relationship weakening.Contributes wide-range postponement.Rampant addiction.Possible stalking.Acquaintances be labeled as friends.
27. Privacy & security issues• Dont use Internet Explorer.• Never click on a link.• Use a strong password.• Dont Give Out Your Password.• Always logout when you are done.• Change your password fairly often.• Dont let others use your computer, phone, PDA, etc.• Run Anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
28. privacy & security of Facebook• Personal Information.• Friends List.• Applications.
29. Children &Facebook
30. protect children from the dangers of FacebookO Keep your child’s computer out in the open.O Ask the help of parental controls.O Make written rules for your child to follow.O Keep track of your child’s online profiles and email.O Familiarize yourself with your child’s online contacts.
31. ReferencesAdministrator. (2009). 100 Ways You Should Be Using Facebook in Your Classroom. Retrievedfrom http://www.onlinecollege.org/2009/10/20/100-ways-you-should-be-using-facebook-in-your-classroom/.Findlay, L. (2011). Facebook Advantage and Disadvantages. Ezine articles. Retrieved fromhttp://ezinearticles.com/?Facebook-Advantage-and-Disadvantages&id=2051514.Facebook Monitoring Software -- Protect Kids Safe on Facebook. (2011). Surveil Star anyparental control software. Retrieved from http://www.any-parental-control.com/tips-for-protecting-kids-on-facebook.html.Martinez, R. (2011). How to protect your Children from Internet Dangers. Rack9. Retrievedfrom http://www.racknine.com/blog/internet/how-to-protect-your-children-from-internet-dangers/.McCabe, L.(2009). What is Social Networking, and Why Should You Care?. Retrieved fromhttp://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/biztools/article.php/3813971/What-is-Social-Networking-and-Why-Should-You-Care.htm.Pringle, B. (1999-2011). Facebook security issues. Retrieved fromhttp://billpringle.com/home/facebook.html.http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.Radoslaw. (2011). Facebook Advantages and Disadvantages. Hubpages. Retrieved fromhttp://radoslaw.hubpages.com/hub/Facebook-Advantages-and-Disadvantages.