1. MD Saifur Rahman Lecturer (Mathematics) RAJUK Uttara Model College
2. Welcome To Math Class
4. (a +b) 2 = a 2 + 2ab + b 2 (a -b) 2 = a 2 - 2ab + b 2 (a +b) 3 = a 3 + 3a 2 b + 3ab 2 +b 3 (a -b) 3 = a 3 - 3a 2 b + 3ab 2 -b 3 Area of circle r 2 Circumference of circle 2 r Surface area of cone rl Volume of cylinder r 2 h Volume of cone 1/3 r 2 h Surface area of cylinder 2 rh + r 2
5. Bangladesh Parliament Nehru centre
7. Yakhchal of Yazd province
10. Learning Outcomes Students will be able to Measure the surface area of a cylinder and a cone Find out the volume of a cylinder and a cone Identify the shape of the surface of a cylinder and a cone
11. Identify Cone and Cylinder shapes in the following Rocket Glass Tent Water Tank
12. How many surfaces are there ? How many parts are there to color in this candle ?
13. r 2 r 2 2 r h 2 rh Surface Area
14. h Radius, r Volume = Area of base × height = r 2 × h
15. The length and the breadth of a book is 25 cm and 15 cm. When it revolves around the greatest side then find the surface area and volume of that solid. 25 cm 15 cm Problem : 1 ( Pair work)
16. Greatest side Rectangle Cylinder
17. ` Height, h Radius, r Slant length, l Slant length, l Circumference , 2 πr
18. Slant length, l Slant length, l a a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q Total Area = ½ la + ½ lb + ½ lc +……………….+ ½lq Total Area = ½ l (a + b + c + d+ ….. +q) Total Area = ½ l ( 2 πr ) = πlr Area = Area = Base Height l a
19. rl Surface Area r 2
21. Two sides of a right angle triangle are 5 cm and 3.5 cm. If the triangle revolves around its longest side then find the surface area and volume of the solid shape formed. 5 cm 3.5cm Problem : 2 (Individual Work)
22. Right angle triangle Cone
23. Group Work The height of a cone-shaped tent is 7.5 m. How much canvas is needed to cover 2000 square metres of land?
24. Home Work Every student should create a problem related to a Cone or Cylinder & bring it to the next class so other students can try to solve it.