• Comes from the Greek word “techne” which means craft or
• A planned,systematic method of working to achieve planned
• Refers to any valid and reliable process of procedure that is
derived from basic research using scientific method.
• Refers to all the way of people use their inventions and
discoveries to satisfy their needs and desires.
• Refers to how people use their inventions and discoveries to satisfy
their educational needs and desires in learning.
• A complex, integrated process involving people, procedures, ideas,
devices, and organization for analyzing problems.
• Consists of the designs and environment and reliable technique or
method for engaging learning.(David H. Jonassen,1999.)
• Is a theory about how problems in human learning are identified and
solved(David H. Jonassen, Kyle L. Peck, Brent G. Wilson, 1999.)
• field involved in applying a complex , integrated
process to analyze and solved problems in
• A field study which is concerned with the
practice of using educational methods and
resources for the ultimate goal of facilitating the
• A profession like teaching.
We can say that education technology is a very
board term. It is the application of scientific findings
in our method process or procedure of working in the
field of education in order to effect learning. It
embraces curriculum and instructional design
learning environment ,theories of teaching- learning .
1. Technology in Education
2. Instructional Technology
3. Technology Integration
4. Educational Media
1.Technology in Education is “the application of technology to any
of these processes involved in operating the institutions which
house the educational enterprise.
2.Instructional Technology- refers to those aspects of educational that
are concerned with instruction.
3. Technology Integration -using learning technologies to introduce ,
reinforce , supplement and extend skills.
4. Educational Media – channels or avenues or
instruments of communication.