• Born in Louisiana
• Master Thief (rather than
• Married young – to Belladonna
• Lost soul, mysterious
How Do We Know?
• Characters can be brainstormed and
developed through sharing ideas.
Did you know that Rogue and Gambit have an
Gambit spends a large
part of his life here – but
where is it?
• Find this excerpt from X-Men in front of you.
Without looking online – try and capture
exactly who Gambit is from the image.
• Use descriptive words rather than
Was This Easy?
• Developing characters is one of the hardest
things you’ll do as a games designer.
–How can you make life easier?
• In what is known as the Great Expulsion (le Grand
Dérangement), more than 14,000 Acadians (three
quarters of the Acadian population in Nova Scotia)
were expelled, their homes burned and their lands
confiscated. Families were split up, and the Acadians
were dispersed throughout the British lands in North
America; some were returned to France.
Gradually, some managed to make their way to
Louisiana, creating the Cajun population, while
others returned to British North America, settling in
coastal villages and in northern New Brunswick.
• In groups, spend some time looking at
examples of Cajuns or Acadiens in action.
Here’s s few examples:
• Rene in True Blood
• Gambit in X-Men Evolution
• Youtube News Reports
• Adam Sandler, The Waterboy
• The Waterboy’s mum in The Waterboy
Let’s have a look at some when you’ve done!
What’s the Main Thing You Notice
• We can let characters speak for themselves
• Looks count for a lot
• The geography of a place is as important as
where that person or character comes from...