Be the first to like this
Educators today regularly use streaming video and other online multimedia resources in the classroom to enliven instruction, spark discussion, and engage students. However, rolling out such a digital …
Educators today regularly use streaming video and other online multimedia resources in the classroom to enliven instruction, spark discussion, and engage students. However, rolling out such a digital resource across an entire institution, multiple campuses, or even online, can pose significant technological and pedagogical challenges.
In this informative session, Eric Kunnen, Director of Distance Learning and Instructional Technologies at Grand Rapids Community College (GRCC), and Michael Levin, Director of Digital Services at NBC Learn, will help you discover practical ways to:
* Deliver online multimedia resources to multiple users from multiple access points
* Provide training and ongoing instructional and technical support
* Ensure widespread adoption across the entire institution
In January 2010, GRCC began offering NBC News Archives On Demandä (www.nbclearn.com) as a teaching resource across three campuses, as well as online, in its Blackboard Learnä teaching and learning platform. NBC News Archives On Demand contains more than 10,000 short videos, primary source documents, images and other digital content for streaming and download by instructors and students. It includes historic films and videos from the NBC News archives, as well as current events stories that are updated daily, Monday through Friday.
During this webinar, Eric Kunnen will share his institution’s decision making process, discuss implementation best-practices and lessons learned, and ultimately lay out the framework that led to GRCC’s successful implementation of NBC News Archives On Demand with enthusiastic adoption by the GRCC faculty.
In this webinar, attendees will learn:
1. Steps to take to overcome the natural barriers experienced while rolling out a campus-wide instructional resource across an institution.
2. Best practices to develop a comprehensive plan to train faculty, and test and implement a new multimedia instructional resource.
3. How NBC News Archives On Demands can help deliver reliable, cost-effective digital content campus-wide, in the classroom, library or home.
4. How current, real-world news content, relevant to course instruction, engages learners and helps institutions increase student retention.
5. How Grand Rapids Community College faculty use NBC News Archives On Demand in their courses, including real examples of content embedded into online courses within the Blackboard Learn platform.
Be the first to like this