1. IT leaders face a mounting imperative save money and reduce environmental impactTrends• 30% of infrastructure purchasing decision is based on environmental considerations• #1 purchasing factor for green IT is energy efficiency• #1 cost factor in green printing is paperCustomer Needs• Assess and understand environmental footprint• Comply with government regulations and respond to stakeholders like customers and NGOs• Demonstrate ROI on green IT
2. ―Industry first Auto-On Auto-Off technology‖EcoSMART Print ―Industry first Instant On Technology‖ ―Most energy efficient on the planet‖ Enterprise Environmental Printing Practice Innovations Asset recovery Industry leading Planet Partners recycling Hardware Free cartridge recycling Instant On Technology EcoSMART Console Services Duplex, MFP, IOT MPS Managed Print Auto-On Auto-Off Green Assessment EcoSMART management Design For Energy Efficient Toner Environment Software HP Smart Print Expertise Pull Print Green strategies, management, EcoSMART Desktop reporting & assessment 3rd Party software Green IT action plan Solutions Tools Workflow Infrastructure Carbon Calculator Management EcoSMART Fleet CAC EcoSMART management ―The industry’s most comprehensive portfolio‖
3. Assess your business! HP Green IT Action Plan for printing• Use step-by-step guide to drive sustainability and decrease costs• Holistically assess and manage your printing environment• Identify and implement strategies to reduce the environmental impact of office printing• Apply best practices and tools to engage users and manage the change www.hp.com/go/greenITplan
4. HP Carbon Footprint Calculator• Model possible before and after printing fleet profiles - Energy consumption - Paper usage - Carbon emissions - Costs• Head to head product comparisons - Over 8,000 devices, HP and non-HP• Includes worldwide data - Localized results for 146 currencies - Localized carbon for 389 locations www.hp.com/go/carbonfootprint
5. Raising the bar on energy efficiency1984 2010 comparable model: €1.30 a yearannual energy use of 2010 and beyond:HP LaserJet printer: Rolling out Auto-on/Auto- off throughout medium-€42 and large- workgroup printers 2008 2009 The HP LaserJet P1006 is HP Officejet Pro 8500 All-in- introduced: One consumes up to 50% 1994 ▪ Uses 30 kWh/yr less energy than color laser ▪ Yearly energy cost of all-in-ones HP introduces the HP €2.60 HP announces Auto- Officejet printer-fax-copier, ▪ Delivers 17 ppm on/Auto-off in desktop such multifunction devices 1993 can use less energy and ▪ Uses 19x less energy LaserJet printers Instant-on Technology materials when compared than the LaserJet II is introduced, with standalone products1984 delivering up to 50% HP sets goal to reduce the The most energy energy savings over energy consumption andThe HP LaserJet II printer traditional fusing associated GHG emissions efficient laser printer,is introduced, using586 kWh/yr, delivering 8 of HP ink and laser printing products to 40% below wireless and color laserppm 2005 levels by 2011 printers on the planet!
6. QuizThe Department of Energy says thisis the amount of energy customersare losing because they are notturning devices down on night andweekends? a)20% b)45% c) 66% 7
7. QuizThe Department of Energy says thisis the amount of energy customersare losing because they are notgetting their devices turned down onnights and weekends? a)20% b)45% The Environmental Protection Agency states that c) 66% customers are loosing 66% of their energy consumption on evenings and weekends by not getting IT equipment turned off 8
9. Industry first - HP Auto-On Auto-OffIntelligence that can turn your printer on when you need it and off when you don’t 30.00 25.00 20.00 • Powers down printer when 15.00 inactive 10.00 • Auto-On/Auto-Off—only 5.00 firmware listens, and device Enterprise recovers quickly (watts used) 4.00 • Improves energy efficiency Professional over 20X in enterprise class; 3.00 Low End • Average power savings of 59% across line-up 2.00 1.00 0.00 Sleep HP Auto-on/Auto-off Manual off
10. HP EcoSMART Console – device level• Standard or Custom settings• Ties to Carbon Calculator and EcoSMART Fleet• Results in energy, carbon, costs• Personalized energy experience• Set Sleep/Auto Off delay• Set activation hours/days• Set activation functions• Sleep/Auto On activities - USB, LAN, Control Panel, Fax, Tray, Memory, etc.• Set Duplex, N-up, Econo modes• Track time spent in Print, Ready, Sleep, Off modes• Energy estimates per device.
11. HP EcoSMART Fleet 1.0 Enterprise IT reporting application for eco assessment and monitoring New Web Jetadmin plug in that harnesses the power of environmental and printer data to achieve actionable metrics and customization.Single dashboard to run Common , easy to use,real time scenarios against EcoSMART usertheir imaging & printing interfacefleet’s eco usage Drill down to fleet, group, or device level Carbon, Power, and Paper usage information Industry leading HP Web Jetadmin imaging Simple PDF or XML and printing device reporting information
12. Paper management strategies Duplex printing Set double-sided printing at the network level with HP Web Jetadmin and 25% Universal Print Driver to help reduce paper consumption Pull - and PIN printing solutions – demand print Pull- and PIN-printing user-authentication solutions can reduce misprinted, up to reprinted and unclaimed print jobs by 30% HP Smart Print – print only what you need Reduce paper use when you print from the web, print only what you need with HP Smart Print 55% Original HP print cartridges deliver more consistent quality than remanufactured cartridges, avoiding costly reprints Digitized paper-based processes Digitize documents, scan to folder and scan to email, creating workflow efficiencies and reducing unnecessary printing with HP MFPs up to 70% Reduce the need for printed pages
13. EcoSMART HP THIN Paper • Everyday paper is #20 or 75gsm What is HP Thin Paper? • HP Thin Paper is #16 or 60gsm 22% Reduction • Less natural resources • Energy savings (mfg & use) Why Thin? • Reduced transportation costs, storage space, recycling and carbon footprint • HP branded paper available Spring 2012 in North America Support • Supported on all HP LaserJet products • Managed Print customers first
14. How an LCA is done?• Quantify All Emissions across each Material Extraction phase of a product’s life• Defined by ISO 14040 standards Processing Disposal• Used for: - Product labeling - Environmental Management Use Transportation - Supply Chain Management - Efficiency Studies
15. Upstream and downstream GHG emissions in ITproducts Laptop Orders of magnitude.Desktop Printer use phase Embedded emissions include Server Use lifecycle emissions embedded in paper. (EUP Lot 4, base case Printer V1) 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100%
16. HP LaserJet printing lifecycle impacts• Impacts dominated by use: - Paper consumption, 46% - Power consumption, 23% - Cartridge consumption, 15%• Transportation very efficient - Production of high-end products is amortized over a long lifetime
17. HP Managed Print Services helps you meet business and sustainabilitygoalsPre- and post- analysis shows some HP MPS customers have achieved substantialbusiness and environmental benefits.Costs Reduced by up to 30%Energy consumption Down 30% to 80%Paper use Millions of fewer pagesEfficiency and IncreasedproductivityCarbon footprint Smaller HP Managed Print Services is aPrint supplies recycling Practical and convenient customizable suite of imaging and printing hardware, software, supplies,Asset management Responsible end-of-use services and solutions.
18. Customer close-up
19. HP and VimpelCom reducing environmentalimpactHardware• Moved from desktop to network and multifunction printers• Increased users by 2.5x over previous 5 years• Improved user ratio from 5:1 to15:1 and up to 50:1 in the headquarter• Implemented HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) and HP Web Jetadmin print management solutions• Lower maintenance costs and better reliability with new HP devices• Draft mode printingCost Savings• Energy costs reduced by 25%• The solution has resulted in environmental benefits such as reduced paper usage, lower power consumption and lower CO2 emissions by 20%• Lowered cost per page by 50%