social business is a snap!
esteban kolsky – thinkJar
what truly worries me about social
of how social
what is social business?
the term Social Business was defined by Nobel Peace Prize laureate
Prof. Muhammad Yunus, and is described in his books
Creating A World Without Poverty and Building Social Business
In Yunus' definition, a Social Business is a business:
Created and designed to address a social problem. A non-loss,
non-dividend company, i.e. It is financially self-sustainable
Profits realized by the business are reinvested in the business itself
(or used to start other social businesses), with the aim of
increasing social impact.
is this social business?
kum • ba • yah • ti • za • tion
simple equations make business decisions
collaboration = engagement x channel
or is this social business?
20101990 2015 2020
social business in perspective
• stage one, content focus
– generation, management, tracking, reporting
– mostly tied to results, not strategic yet
• stage two, analytics and measurement intensive
– we need to see if it makes sense
– correlate results to business results (not department)
• stage three, collaborative enterprise (next gen)
– we are not even started understanding this one