2. Magna CartaIt was written for EnglandIt was written in 1215It took power from the Monarchs.This law stated Monarchs had to get confirmation fromParliament before passing a law. Creating a Rule of Law system.
3. Glorious RevolutionEnglandWilliam of Orange took as KingThe English Bill of Rights was a result of the GloriousRevolution
4. The English Bill of Rights1689The English Bill of Rights stated that Monarchs couldn’t pass orget rid of laws without the confirmation of Parliament. It alsogave citizens freedom from cruel and unusual punishment.
5. The EnlightenmentThe Enlightenment was a time of philosophical thinking. A timewhen great thinkers started using reason and science.Took place in the 18th century
6. Charles-Louis MontesquieuHe was from BordeauxMontesquieu came up with the idea of having three branches ofgovernment all under the Rule of Law. This method is used herein America.
7. John LockeBorn in Wrington1632-1704Natural Right is the political belief that a person is born withspecific rights that the government cannot take away.
8. Jean Jacques RousseauGeneva1712-1778It is a book of principles of political rights
9. Thomas JeffersonShadwell, VirginiaDeclaration of Independence“property” was changed to “pursuit of happiness” because theywere to be inalienable rights. Meaning that it couldn’t be takenaway from you.