Why do I tell you this?. Because we care. In an everyday more individual world, we care for our past and for our future. We want to guarantee a decent life to former players and we want them to teach the values of sport to the future generations. We have received a lot from society and we want to return it. How? During the last 3 years, at ABJ we have implemented the project Stick to sport! which this year has been complemented by an exhibition. Stick to sport is a programme implemented to encourage sport as a mean of drug prevention. This programme has been very successful because the ones telling how good is practicing sport are former players, and they have a great communication power among children. These players have been coached and supported by professional people in the health sector, making their message even more powerful. But above all, the positive message of practising sport has been told not only to children, but also to teachers and parents. This success at ABJ gives us the power to expand this project at European level. We plan to do this in the 6 countries that are members of EFPA: Great Britain, Spain, Italy, Germany, Poland and Czech Republic
You already know that we live in a very demanding society.. On the individual level..........to face all adversities and challenges we face everyday, we need VALUES Have you ever analysed what it entails playing football? Is it not solidarity, excellence, responsibility, compromise, tolerance to frustration? Are these not values and qualities that we need in our everyday life?
We train our trainers not to just train, but to appraise good work, to bring the best in everyone out, to have a common objective and to respect the opponent. We have different programmes and sessions that we want to further expand in Europe, with the help of our six federations. STICK TO SPORT SESSIONS AND EXHIBITION: mentioned in slide 2 EDUCATION FOR FORMER PLAYERS: Helping former players to a second phase in life, a second career, providing them the means for education needed to find themselves a job COACHING THE COACH: Teaching trainers how to train positively (putting the emphasis in the values of the game and not in just winning), learning having fun while at least until the age of 13, and introducing the competition element just after this age ESSAY COMPETION: I want to be a football player. Children of different schools writing an essay on why they want to be a football player focussing on the possitive aspects of football) KEEP PLAYING: 1500 children from different nationalities but living in Catalonia, sending a message in a football to kids in Africa. This action had as target social integration.
1. SPORT VALUES WITHIN SOCIETY <ul><li>HOW CAN SPORT ENHANCE SOCIAL VALUES? </li></ul><ul><li>Our experience </li></ul>
2. Main Targets TO GUARANTEE A DECENT LIFE TO FORMER PLAYERS IN NEED ON SOCIAL, EDUCATONAL, MEDICAL AND ECONOMIC LEVEL. TO PROMOTE AND PASS ONTO OUR SOCIETY THE PEDAGOCICAL AND SOCIAL VALUES OF SPORT IN GENERAL AND FOOTBALL IN PARTICULAR.
3. We live in very demanding society ON THE INDIVIDUAL LEVEL We need constant effort to overcome the adversities we are faced with. ON THE COMMUNITY LEVEL We need to adapt ourselves to the different groups that we belong to: family, school, company we work for, village, colleagues from work, friends. COMPROMISE RESPONSIBILITY TOLERANCE TOWARDS FRUSTRATION SOLIDARITY EXCELLENCE SOCIAL INTEGRATION
4. OUR EXPERIENCE THE POWER OF SPORT FOMER SPORTMEN AND WOMEN ARE STILL ICONS, SOCIETY ATTACH VALUE TO THEIR EXPERIENCE SOMETIMES THEY NEED HELP AND COACHING, SOMETIMES THEY CAN GUIDE AND COACH PEOPLE STICK TO SPORT SESSIONS AND EXHIBITION KEEP PLAYING ESSAY COMPETITION COACHING THE COACH EDUCATION FOR FORMER PLAYERS
5. EFPA´S GOALS EFPA AIMS TO APPLY ALL THESE GOOD EXPERIENCES IN EUROPE HOW? CONSOLIDATING CURRENT NATIONAL FEDERATIONS, CREATING NEW ONES. CREATING A SOLID STRUCTURE TO SUPPORT OUR FORMER PLAYERS AND THAT FACILITATES TRANSFERING SPORT VALUES TO NEW GENERATIONS.
6. CONCLUSIONS THE SPORT IS A TOOL TO TRANSFER VALUES, A VEHICLE FOR SOCIAL INTEGRATION. WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN OUR PROJECT: TO SUPPORT OUR FORMER PLAYERS, TO EDUCATE OUR YOUTH