5. YES WE CAN~!
Under the Obama administration, education has become an urgent
priority driven by two clear goals. By 2020,
• We will raise the proportion of college graduates from where it
now stands [39%] so that 60% of our population holds a 2-year
or 4-year degree.
• We will close the achievement gap so that all students –
regardless of race, income, or neighborhood – graduate from
high school ready to succeed in college and careers.
6. The National Educational Technology Plan
7. The National Educational Technology Plan
To achieve these goals, the National Educational Technology
Plan (NETP) calls for revolutionary transformation rather than
evolutionary tinkering. It urges our education system at all levels to
• Be clear about the outcomes we seek.
• Collaborate to redesign structures and processes for
effectiveness, efficiency, and ﬂexibility.
• Continually monitor and measure our performance.
• Hold ourselves accountable for progress and results every step of
The NETP presents a model of 21st century learning powered by
technology, with goals and recommendations in ﬁve essential
areas: learning, assessment,teaching, infrastructure,
8. The National Educational Technology Plan
1) , ,
5) - .
9. The National Educational Technology Plan
‘ ' .
1) , ,
10. Online meta school
http://academicearth.org http://www.cosmolearning.com http://videolectures.net
‘ ’ .
11. SNOW : ‘Open Knowledge Share Dreams’
SNOW(Sookmyung Network for Open World)
Learning for everyone, by everyone, about almost anything
Social Network Service ,
' online learning eco system .‘
Edubuntu is an educational operating system that is a part of
the Ubuntu family. It aims to make Ubuntu, the popular Linux-
based operating system, a great choice for the computing
needs of children, students, parents, teachers, and schools.
29. University of the People (UoPeople)
University of the People (UoPeople) is the world’s ﬁrst tuition free online
academic institution dedicated to the global advancement and democratization
of higher education. The high-quality low-cost global educational model
embraces the worldwide presence of the Internet and dropping technology
costs to bring university level studies within reach of millions of people across
With the support of respected academics, humanitarians and other visionaries,
the UoPeople student body represents a new wave in global education.