3. The Tortoise And The HareOnce upon a time a tortoise and a hare had anargument about who was faster. (orientation)They decided to settle the argument with a race.They agreed on a route and started off the race.(evaluation)The hare shot ahead and ran briskly for some time.Then seeing that he was far ahead of the tortoise,he thought hed sit under a tree for some timeand relax before continuing the race. (complication)He sat under the tree and soon fell asleep.(resolution)The tortoise plodding on overtook him and soonfinished the race, emerging as the undisputedchamp. The hare woke up and realized that hedlost the race. (re-orientation)
4. Answer the following questions!1. Who are the main characters on the text?2. What is the purpose of the text?3. From the text we learn that …4. “The hare shot ahead and ran briskly for some time” The word “briskly” nearly means …5. How does the turtle win the race?Answer1. The main characters are the tortoise and the hare.2. The purpose of the text is to entertain the readers by telling about the tortoise and the hare.3. we should not underestimate anyone because we don’t know their capacity.4. Quickly5. The tortoise plodding on overtook him and soon finished the race, emerging as the undisputed champ.
5. Why did Ilose the race? Change the berb into past form Put a Challenge suitable verb into the blank list! Go Realize The hare ..... at losing the race and he did some soul-searching. He ..... that hed lost the race win only because he had been overconfident, disappoint careless and lax. If he had not taken things for granted, theres no way the tortoise could have beaten him. (evaluation) So he ..... the tortoise to another race. The tortoise agreed. (complication) This time, the hare ... all out and ran without stopping from start to finish. He ..... by several miles. (resolution)
6. How can Please underline the past form from the I can win the hare? text above! The tortoise did some thinking this time, and realized that theres no way he can beat the hare in a race the way it was currently formatted. (evaluation) He thought for a while, and then challenged the hare Can we have another race? to another race, but on a slightly different route. The This time we’ll go through a different route. hare agreed. (complication)Sure! They started off. In keeping with his self-made commitment to be consistently fast, the hare took off and ran at top speed until he came to a broad river. The finishing line was a couple of kilometers on the other side of the river. (resolution) The hare sat there wondering what to do. In the meantime the tortoise trundled along, got into the river, swam to the opposite bank, continued walking and finished the race. (complication) ? What should I do
7. Any questions?
8. To emuse, entertain and to deal with actial or vicarioousexperience in different way; nnarrative deal withproblematics event which lead to a crisis or turningpoint of some kind, which in turn fine a resolution.
9. Snow White Once upon a time, there lived a little girl named snow white.She live with his Aunt and Uncle because her parents were died.(Orientation) One day she heard her uncle and aunt talking about leavingsnow white in the castle because they both wanted to go to americaand they didn’t have enough money to take Snnow White. (MajorComplication) Snow White did not want her uncle and aunt to do this, so shedecided it would be best if she ran away. The next mornng she ranaway from home when her aunt and uncle were having breackfast.She ran away into the woods. (Resolution)
10. She was very tired and hungry. (Complication)Then she saw this little cottage. She knocked, but no one answerso she went inside and fell asleep. (Resolution)Meanwhile, the seven dwarfs were coming home from work.There went inside. There they found snow white sleeping. Thensnow white woke up. She saw the dwarfs. The dwarfs said, whatis your name? Snow white said, : my name is Snow White”.(complication)Doc said, “if you wish, you may live here with us”. Snow Whitesaid, “ oh could (I)?. Thankyou”. Then Snow white told thedwarfs the whole story and she and seven dwarfs lived happilyever after. (Major Complication)