PR is in our blood.We need to communicate to prosper.
We already have the most of the content. Copywriting just isn’t that big of a deal. We pretty much know what we want to say. We can figure the content later.
JUST BECAUSE YOU CANDOESN’T MEAN YOU SHOULD
What topics are you going to cover? format are you going to use?Why does anyone care? does this provide business value?How are we doing to deliver the messages? should we say it?Where will we get the content? can we syndicate the content?When will this be published? will it need to be updated?Who is responsible for this content? will maintain it over time?
Understanding the options• Website/Forum• Blog• Press releases• Social media channels• The interaction between them
Create a sketch showing. Youtube Facebook Website Twitter Blog
Traditional PR• Media Lists• Media Partnerships• Press Releases• Exposure for company IF media writes astory about it• Controlled company messages• One way communication
1. Find sympathic third parties.• Develop a network of independent third parties willing to take your side.• Bloggers and journalists can help you maintain a positive or (at least) neutral position.• Develop long-term relationships with a number of partners chosen with an online and offline influencer mapping.
2. Let’s put out a news release!A good press release is one of the most effectiveways of ... is its content. Create a debate and mediainterest….• Poll reports (work / life hot topics)• Labor market statistics• Site news• Site events• Campaigns• Etc.
3. Respond quickly.Quickly doesn’t mean poorly!
Social PR• Two way communication People + RicherConversations Relationships
1. Facebook, TwitterYou can:• Send updates• Create polls• Promote events• Engage in real-time conversation• Monitor conversations and respond (to questions,negative comments, extremely positive comments)• Gain immediate feedback
2. Offer value• Something amusing/entertaining• Valuable information (stats, resports, etc.)• Advice• Discount• Etc.
Measure 1. Awarness• Depth and level of engagement• Reach: Media appearances, Retweets,Shares, Answers 2. Conversions• Followers, Fans, Visits, Views• Subscriptions, Sign-ups, Sales
Metrics• Link tracking• Facebook insights/Twitter stats• Google Analytics
Simple view of BestJobs PR• Passive Information requests from journalists (brand exposure through articles, interviews etc.) Media partnership requests (brand exposure through the projects / events that they organize)• Active Press releases (site news, marketing campaigns, statistics on labor market/force, general hot topics,) Activities on social networks channels - Facebook/Twitter/Blog (help, feedback, polls, articles, fun info, project, events etc.)
Before you start ask yourself these Q• What is the desired communication outcome?• What do we want our audience to do or notdo?• Who is our target audience?• What are our target audience’s needs,concerns and interests?• What is our message?• What communication channel is mosteffective?
This time just kidding :PP.S: Simple is better. In an increasingly complicatedworld it’s needed more than ever.Thank you for your patience! Monica Cacina Online Marketing Specialist BestJobs.ro