Virtual desktop and VDI initiatives promise a variety of benefits - but the underlying IT architecture adds complexity and risk. Virtual desktop users expect application delivery to be as fast and reliable as their physical desktop experience. A single failure in the service infrastructure can bring virtual desktop performance to a crawl, and significantly impact user productivity and business processes.
Both performance monitoring and performance testing tools address this challenge by helping to create, deliver and maintain the best possible performance for virtual desktop users. However, the approach of the two solutions differ. Where load testing helps to predict and prevent infrastructure performance using simulated user behavior, performance monitoring helps to prevent and, when needed, solve performance problems by diagnosing the behavior of real users and the underlying VDI infrastructure in production environments. A combined approach of using both types of toolsets is the best model for optimal performance assurance.
Join our live webinar with performance management experts Srinivas Ramanathan (CEO, eG Innovations) and Jeroen van de Kamp (CTO, Login VSI) and find out:
- Why performance management of virtual desktop infrastructures is key
- How performance testing and monitoring solutions compare
- How performance monitoring tools complement performance testing tools
- How to combine monitoring and testing for perfect performance assurance
- A real world example of how to leverage best of breed solutions for total performance assurance