3. Music - defined as an organized
sound to express a particular
idea, mood, interest or feeling
through tonal movement.
4. Noise- distracting sounds which are not
pleasant to hear because of irregular
vibrations. These sounds may come from
a television program which interfere with
what we are listening to, sound made by
passing vehicles, people talking, a dog
barking, and many others.
5. What is the difference
between noise and
6. What are the elements
7. Of sound
• Pitch- the highness or lowness of
sound. Within a song, we may hear
a series of sounds going up and a
series going down.
8. • Duration- the length of time a
sound I held.
• Intensity- the loudness or
softness, or in music we refer to it as
9. • Timbre- quality of a sound. We can
recognize people by the quality of
Four Types of Voices
1. soprano- highest female voice
2. alto- lowest female voice
3. tenor- highest male voice
4. bass- lowest male voice
10. Let’s Try This!!
Identify the following sounds if it is a musical
tone or noise
a. A dog barking
b. A child singing “Bahay Kubo”
c. Francis Magalona doing a rap
d. student’s talking
e. Church bells ringing
11. Choose the best answer.
1. Which sound is a musical sound?
a. people talking
c. bomb explosion
b. mother humming a
12. 2. The highness or lowness of sound
3. Loudness or softness of sound
13. 4. The quality of sound
5. Length of time a tone is held
14. Your tasks!
1. Produce different sounds from any
object such as bottles, metals, paper,
wood and other things you can think
of. Think of different ways to produce
different sound from each object.
2. Create a short composition using
these sound sources.
3. Write your own definition of music.