Dear Travel Partners:
There’s never been a better time to be Norwegian. Being Norwegian isn’t just about the absolute
best way to cruise, it’s also the best way to do business. Join the community of travel agents who
have already become Norwegian.
Together, through Partners First, we have accomplished much. As we head into our 3rd year,
there are many exciting things to come. Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway and
Norwegian Breakaway Plus are on the way. These ships will delight your customers and bring
in nearly $50 million of increased commission potential.
As we continue to grow together in 2014, we will strengthen our commitment to you. We will:
• Deliver Norwegian Breakaway, the most exciting ship in our history.
• Invite over 15,000 travel partners to experience our ships.
• Introduce the biggest reservations innovation in 50 years.
• Invest $20 million in new technology and marketing programs.
Thank you again for your enthusiastic support. Let’s make 2014 a record-breaking year together.
Executive Vice President
Global Sales and Passenger Services
Easy to do business with
• Universal Reservations Agent
• Group Amenity program featuring dollars not points
• Investing $12.6 million in technology enhancements
• Improving overall hold times
• Increasing post-call survey efficiency
• Dedicated sales staff to service large-group meetings
• A new online consolidated portal with access to our booking engine, NCL
University, Marketing Headquarters and more
• Added group functionality for agents booking through GDS
• Welcome Aboard online booklet available in multiple languages
Investing in your success
• $17 million in marketing and co-operative investments
• Consumer marketing designed to drive business to you
• Award-winning NCL University – A fun and freestyle learning community
• Norwegian Marketing Headquarters – Free-to-you marketing tools
• Partners First Engagements in your city
• Partners First weekends
• Let's Do Lunch – Now you can invite your clients to tour our ships when in port
• Welcome Back Rewards – Available to sell to your clients during Let's Do Lunch events
• PhD@Sea seminars for NCL U students
• Free of charge, destination-specific direct mail pieces and mini-brochures
How are we making Partners First work:
Listening and taking action
• Promotions with added value versus price discounts to protect your commission
• A brand new travel agent guide
• New capacity dedicated to key North American markets versus deploying to
international source markets
• Double travel partner capacity for Norwegian Breakaway/Getaway inaugurals
• A travel partner locator on ncl.com
• Ongoing monthly webinars for direct contact with Norwegian leadership
• Connect with Andy Stuart, Camille Olivere and other Norwegian executives directly
through Facebook and Twitter
A Norwegian Sales representative available to every travel agent in North
A commitment on direct business
• We never use customer data from travel agent bookings for direct bookings
• "Call Your Travel Professional" on all marketing pieces
• Our direct business has no price advantage
• We send a letter to guests to thank them for booking with a travel professional
Why NCL University?
Because knowledge is power.
Fun, friendly Virtual Cruise Campus where agents have fun learning all the best tips to
making selling Norwegian a breeze.
Earn CLIA credits, receive invites to luncheons, receptions and educational seminars onboard
many of our ships.
Chances to win free cruises and register to take part in our reduced rate program.
What is MHQ?
It’s your one stop hub for a large selection of marketing tools.
Customize professionally produced materials such as Flyers, emails, banners, co-op
ads, postcards and social media messages for Facebook and Twitter.
Flyers, Banners and Co-op ads can be downloaded as a PDF for FREE.
Emails can be customized with dynamic content such as pricing and itinerary maps.
Upload your own email list and blast your database or sent one copy to yourself and forward
from your preferred email provider.
Houses useful information and premade material such as guides, images, videos, group
flyers, dining flyers and a list to all our current promotions.
1. Group Rate Integrity : If the group rates are lowered, the new lower rates can be applied to
an existing group.
2. Guest Facing Amenity Dollars are protected down to one cabin.
3. New Deposit Structure:
• 8 - 16 staterooms : $0 deposit due until 4 months prior to sailing
• 17 - 99 staterooms : $0 deposit due for 60 days, then a $25 per stateroom deposit
• 100 + staterooms : Negotiated time line / deposit
1. Commission is now processed upon stateroom final payment, which means you can get
paid up to 60 days earlier.
2. Commission Paid through Global Commission Payment program.
3. Group Administration has greater empowerment alleviating the need for long approval
Here's just some of the ways Groups 2.0 is Better, Faster, and Simpler:
1. We have restructured our Group Types. There are now 3 - types, which makes
booking a group simpler than ever before.
• 1 - 16 staterooms
• 17 - 99 staterooms
• 100 + staterooms : Large Group contract
• Final Payment for all 3 types is due 75 days prior to sailing.
2. We now have two recall dates, 120 days prior to sailing and 75 days prior to sailing
3. The recall process is automated to include notification one week prior to sailing.
4. Freestyle dining available to groups.
Booking groups, whether for established groups (affinity) or for promotional purposes is
your can’t miss proposition to remain competitive by securing the best pricing and
protecting amenity dollars while you promote – even if you sell only one cabin.
What is the Salespal?
It’s our pricing and inventory ledger. And,
Perhaps the most powerful tool to stay up-to-date and quickly access
It is updated weekly.
House all our special rates such as resident rates, gateway offers, hot
deals, military, etc.
Breaks down all our group availability.
Filters by ship, date, itinerary and much more.
Salespal keeps you competive by providing the best offers.
Why participate in AGC on board the Norwegian Breakaway?
It’s much more than a cruise – it’s a networking, educational and powerhouse of an industry event that
will help you move your business forward.
What’s in it for me?
• Set yourself above your competitors. Gain recognition on board and supplement your Convention
experience by earning three highly valued and marketable specializations from New York &
Company, Bermuda and Norwegian Cruise Line prior to sailing.
• Boost your profitability. Develop strong lasting personal relationships with key suppliers that will
help drive up your bottom line. This event offers an innovative and intimate trade show with ample
one-on-one networking time with industry executives.
• Enhance your business and develop long lasting strategic goals. Participate in interactive
educational sessions offered by inspiring subject matter experts that will help you learn, set your
strategic goals and move your business forward.
• Experience one of the most exciting ships in the industry – one recently named Best New Ship by
Cruise Critic editors – the Norwegian Breakaway combines the best of New York City with the most
magnificent amenities at sea.
• Fun! Yes, fun. All work and no play makes for a dull existence. Get your mojo back. Join ASTA and
suppliers at inspiring networking events and parties. Enjoy the excitement and energy of New
York, the magic of Bermuda and the thrill of the new Norwegian Breakaway.
Early / By May 31st
• Amtrak is offering AGC attendees 75AD - 75% off.
• United Airlines is offering AGC attendees 2%-10% discounts on published fares and
an additional 3% off when you book your own.
• Delta Airlines is offering AGC attendees 3% to 10% off.
• Special AGC rates are available for pre-convention nights at the Sheraton New York
Times Square and The St. Regis New York Hotel.
Ocean View $819
Studio | Sold Out - Wait List Only $1,059
Balcony Mini-Suite | Sold Out - Wait List Only $1,159
The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony $1,859
The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony $2,119
The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony $2,159
The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony $2,359
The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony $2,619
*Prices listed above: Include port fees ($185), government taxes ($185.91) and prepaid service charges ($84). Are per person, based
on double occupancy (except for Studio staterooms). Single accommodations are 200% of prices shown.
Edward Jones │ Norwegian Cruise Line®
Business Development Specialist | Ohio, Michigan & Indiana
Direct: 800.327.9020 ext. 64429 or 305.436.4429
7665 Corporate Center Drive │ Miami, FL 33126