Building reading habits for a better YOU</li></li></ul><li>The Economic Times<br />India’s largest and World’s second largest financial daily.<br />Daily circulation of over 750,000 copies<br />
Why read a Business daily-daily?<br />Insight into real time changes happening in business<br />Holistic view of ideas and concepts<br />Gives you the edge<br />Bible of “case studies”<br />
Why read a Business daily-daily?<br />One activity which gives you time alone.<br />Improve skills – Vocabulary, business knowledge, market information, general knowledge-quizzing<br />
For students<br />A practical correlation of class room theory<br />Real time implications of different business concepts<br />Bible of “case studies”<br />
Understanding the newspaper<br /><ul><li>Front page: First impression-The major story of the day will be placed in the most prominent position and contain a large, bold-faced headline
News Article: A news article is a report on an event that has taken place. Articles may include a byline, body text, photo, and caption</li></li></ul><li>Understanding the newspaper….<br /><ul><li>Feature article: Feature articles report about an issue, person, event with added depth and more background details.
Byline: A byline appears at the beginning of an article and gives the writer's name. </li></li></ul><li>The menu… what's inside<br />Editorial<br />Standard columns<br />Supplementary<br />Letters<br />Cartoons<br />Classifieds<br />Advertisements…<br />
Emerging Business & IT– News related to IT sector
Business of Brands: News related to brands</li></li></ul><li>Economy: News related to economy and related aspects<br />Finance & Markets: Financial markets related content<br />Editorial: The real serious stuff<br />
www.finervacademy.com</li></li></ul><li>To grab your copy of ET <br />Call D. Muruganandam <br />+91 94452 96522<br />0422 2523649<br />
<ul><li>Top 10 Reasons for Reading a Newspaper
1. My newspaper has never crashed, gone down, or flashed animated ads at me.
2. Anywhere I travel, my newspaper goes with me. I don't need a laptop or a wireless connection or a PDA.
3. I can read my newspaper while standing, while eating, while riding a bus, but not while driving my car, which is just as well since I should be paying attention to the road.
4. If I read a story I like, I can tear it out and save it, and not have to pay to read it 30 days later.
5. I don't have to sign in or customize or register or remember passwords to read my newspaper. And I often enjoy articles in my newspaper on topics I wouldn't normally think I'd be interested in.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>6. My newspaper has high-resolution pictures and type on large pages that load almost instantly, making it easy to browse and enjoy.
7. My newspaper is cheap, disposable and easy to replace. If it's lost or stolen, it's no big deal.
8. My newspaper is not made of unrecyclable toxic materials.
9. If my newspaper makes a mistake, the correction is posted with an explanation. It's not sneakily applied to the original story after I've read it.
10. I can read my newspaper sitting outside on a nice day in the sun, even if a breeze is blowing, because I know how to fold a newspaper.</li>