Andrew Hawkins, who leads our Government business, spoke at Civil Service Live about how SMEs are addressing IT challenges and working with government to provide an alternative to traditional ICT
Andrew Hawkins, who leads our Government business, spoke at Civil Service Live about how SMEs are addressing IT challenges and working with government to provide an alternative to traditional ICT providers.
1. Traditional Outsourcing is Dead!What should your new ICT partner look like?Andrew Hawkins
3. Open or Closed ? Open or closed?
4. Thoughts on the Old World …• Long term multi-year contracts.• Exhaustive work on requirements.• Basic raw materials.• Systems difficult to configure.• Risk…
6. Government ICT Strategy
7. New WorldGovernment ICT Strategy Old World
8. A new way of looking at IT-driven services
9. A Golden Age of Utility Computing
10. Thinking About The New World• Digital by Default and Transparent.• “why should we build anything – just use that…”• Users’ expectations are tailored by what they have at home.• Government aware of how the commercial model of the supplier may work against best interests.
11. Working with SME’s
12. Aligning Suppliers• Greater in-house capability• Market intelligence is increasingly key• G-cloud / CloudStore is a great start• A new breed of supplier that can align with your commercial model
13. Aligning Suppliers• SME’s as an integral part of the supply chain .. – Consortia – Working with SI’s and SIAM – Innovation vs Commodity• Above all else, openness and agility
14. Working with SME’s Proximity Sector Commitment Connectivity Operational and Delivery Capability Sustainability Agility Professional Services FOCUS
15. Remember …
16. What government can do… • Simple, open, early engagement – We focus on service and delivery not sales and marketing • Access • Open, candid discussion on opportunity fit • Collaboration / Partnerships • Simple procurement
17. Thank You
18. Andrew Hawkins, Business Development Director email@example.com @andrewhawkins65 Join us for drinks and canapés on stand 108