To address the rapid changes in technology, instruction, and learning environments, ISTE recently led a collaborative, international effort to refresh the NETS. For more information: http://www.iste.org/standards.aspx
Explain the purpose and expectations of this page.
1. NETS-T STANDARDS FOR TEACHERS(NATIONAL EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY STANDARDS FOR TEACHERS)
2. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMPONENTS• Standards for teachers o NETS-T: NETS-T is an acronym for National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers o Skills-specific standards for teachers
3. NETS-T ISTE CEO Don Knezek Discusses the NETS
4. (NETS-T) STANDARDS FOR TEACHERS VERSUS INDIANA ACADEMIC STANDARDS• I thought Indiana academic standards were for teachers?• Why should I care about standards for my technology use as a teacher?
5. STANDARDS FOR TEACHERSNETS-T• In education, standards emerge from a variety of sources: o District/Local/State/Federal Levels • Teacher professional standards • Student content standards (Indiana Standards) o National Professional Organizations (NCTM, NSTA, NCTE, ISTE) • Subject-area professional standards • Subject-area content standards • Tech/Skills specific standards (NETS-T)
6. Indiana Academic Standardsgovern what should be taught/learned in each grade level orcourse. This affects both whatteachers do and what studentslearn
7. The NETS-T (National EducationalTechnology Standards for Teachers)are for teachers. They specify whatknowledge, skills and dispositions ateacher should have
8. NETS-TWHAT ARE THEY?1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments3. Model Digital Age Work and Learning4. Promote Digital Responsibility and Citizenship5. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
9. NETS-T WHAT ARE THEY?Open the page NETS-T FOR TEACHERS 2008Think-Pair-Share (5 minutes):1. Get into groups of 3-4 (one group for each standard)2. Choose a group leader3. Read the standard you assigned in detail.4. Write down three important points. Hint: Think about the keywords mentioned in the standard and provide us a short example/demonstration. What can be done to meet the standard assigned to your group?5. Your group leader will share them with the class.
10. NETS-T & W200Let’s have a look at your e-portfolio NETS-T Standards page.