1. TEACHING WITH LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES CPE4112 JANETTE PETRIDES BIOGRAPHY OF
2. <ul><li>In 2006 I graduated with a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Nutrition and Human Biology. </li></ul><ul><li>I am currently completing a Diploma of Education, Secondary, and look forward to teaching Science in a government school in 2008. </li></ul>About me..
3. <ul><li>Its commonly used in school, so it would have to be trialled at the school with a variety of students. </li></ul><ul><li>Preparation of using technology could be time consuming. </li></ul><ul><li>Technology is not always reliable- electrical / system problems, so a back up plan may need to be established. </li></ul><ul><li>The teacher has to be confident using technology a a guide to learning rather then using older style of learning. Teacher need to be confident with the transition. </li></ul>Concerns with teaching and learning with computers
4. <ul><li>I have not been comfortable with technology that I not already familiar with. I often use programs that I am familiar with and let other people do the things I am not familiar with. </li></ul><ul><li>I am confident using programs that I am familiar with I am confident with as well as simple computer tasks. </li></ul><ul><li>I have had several negative experiences with technology due to the fact I don’t know the in’s and out’s of technology. I only really stick to what I know. </li></ul><ul><li>My aim is to be comfortable incorporating technology to better the learning experience, and to be comfortable using new programs to better my computer literacy. </li></ul>Experiences with technology
5. <ul><li>I am confident that I am able to learn and use technology to better the learning of my students in the years to come. </li></ul><ul><li>This unit will make me more confident using technology, as I feel equal to all the other students in my class and I can learn new things at my own pace and with step by step instructions. </li></ul><ul><li>Learning with technology will be beneficial in my teaching career because students learn visually and audibly, and relating new information to their own lives. Technology can offer this, as I am able to show my students a variety if things that is not possible without technology. </li></ul>