Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.(Rousseau, que tungou do Lao Tzu)
@davetrott
Only about 10% of students really want to do what it takes.The other 90% want to moan and do nothing.So just concentrate o...
"Were supposed to be a creative business, but i thinkweve been probably the least creative industry in theworld in terms o...
Energy and Talent.
Pascal’s Wager
Basically he takes the purely rationalist view.The smart bet is to believe in God.His reasoning is as follows.
If you are an atheist, you obviously don’t believe in God.This can have two possible outcomes.
One: you are right, God doesn’t exist, and we allspend infinity in oblivion.Two: you are wrong, God does exist, and (as a n...
But suppose you are a believer.This also has two possible outcomes.
One: you are wrong, God doesn’t exist, and we allspend infinity in oblivion.Two: you are right, God does exist, and (as abe...
So Pascal’s conclusion was that, if God doesn’t exist itdoesn’t make any difference anyway.Everyone spends infinity in obliv...
The atheist can only lose, either way.But the believer at least has a 50% chance of winning.So by believing, you have ever...
If you choose to depend on talent over energy, there are two possible outcomes.One: if you are right and you actually are ...
aulas
cheers,@dudex
Missa2012 1a aula
Missa2012 1a aula
Missa2012 1a aula
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Missa2012 1a aula

876

Published on

Aula 1: Energia vs Talento

Published in: Education, Spiritual
1 Comment
4 Likes
Statistics
Notes
No Downloads
Views
Total Views
876
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
15
Comments
1
Likes
4
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Transcript of "Missa2012 1a aula"

  1. 1. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.(Rousseau, que tungou do Lao Tzu)
  2. 2. @davetrott
  3. 3. Only about 10% of students really want to do what it takes.The other 90% want to moan and do nothing.So just concentrate on the 10%, they are the ones who are worth it.Forget about the 90%, they just want to drag everyone down to their level.That way everyone fails.Don’t spoon feed students.The good ones like it tough.It weeds out the moaners.
  4. 4. "Were supposed to be a creative business, but i thinkweve been probably the least creative industry in theworld in terms of figuring out how to get paid".
  5. 5. Energy and Talent.
  6. 6. Pascal’s Wager
  7. 7. Basically he takes the purely rationalist view.The smart bet is to believe in God.His reasoning is as follows.
  8. 8. If you are an atheist, you obviously don’t believe in God.This can have two possible outcomes.
  9. 9. One: you are right, God doesn’t exist, and we allspend infinity in oblivion.Two: you are wrong, God does exist, and (as a non-believer) you spend infinity in hell.
  10. 10. But suppose you are a believer.This also has two possible outcomes.
  11. 11. One: you are wrong, God doesn’t exist, and we allspend infinity in oblivion.Two: you are right, God does exist, and (as abeliever) you spend infinity in Heaven.
  12. 12. So Pascal’s conclusion was that, if God doesn’t exist itdoesn’t make any difference anyway.Everyone spends infinity in oblivion.But, in case God does exist, the smart bet is to believe.
  13. 13. The atheist can only lose, either way.But the believer at least has a 50% chance of winning.So by believing, you have everything to gain andnothing to lose.
  14. 14. If you choose to depend on talent over energy, there are two possible outcomes.One: if you are right and you actually are talented, your complacency and laziness could prevent youbeing successful.Two: if you’re wrong and you’re not actually talented, you don’t even have hard work to fall back on.You are guaranteed to fail.But, if you choose to depend on energy rather than talent, there are two very different outcomes.One: if you are right and you aren’t actually talented, hard work will certainly make you more successfulthan you would have been otherwise.Two: if you are wrong and you are talented, but act as if you aren’t, hard work will make you doublysuccessful.So the smart bet is to believe that you aren’t talented, and to act as if you have to rely on hard work.You win at least one way, and possibly two.
  15. 15. aulas
  16. 16. cheers,@dudex

×