Intro to Theory
• First year: 3 main sessions supported by a gallery visit
• Introduce a major theme in each session then discuss,
research, conduct practical tasks based on this theme.
Present information that you find out back to the group.
• Second year: Begin to discover your own interests and
how they relate to your own work and then do a short
presentation. There will also be a gallery visit to support
The role of Painting within Contemporary Fine
• Diversity within painting
• Painting and other disciplines