1. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % should a housewife reduce the consumption
of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be same as before ?
(a) 15% (b) 16.66% (c) 12% (d) 9%
2. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel
expenses, the man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50,
what is his monthly salary ?
(a) Rs.500 (b) Rs.1500 (c) Rs.1000 (d) Rs. 900
3. A man leaves office daily at 7pm A driver with car comes from his home to pick him from
office and bring back home. One day he gets free at 5:30 and instead of waiting for driver he
starts walking towards home. In the way he meets the car and returns home on car He reaches
home 20 minutes earlier than usual. In how much time does the man reach home usually??
4. A works thrice as much as B. If A takes 60 days less than B to do a work then find the number
of days it would take to complete the work if both work together?
5. 15 men take 21 days of 8 hrs. each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hrs. each
would it take for 21 women if 3 women do as much work as 2 men?
(a) 30 (b) 20 (c) 19 (d) 29
6. A cylinder is 6 cms in diameter and 6 cms in height. If spheres of the same size are made
from the material obtained, what is the diameter of each sphere?
(a) 5 cms (b) 2 cms (c) 3 cms (d) 4 cms
7. A rectangular plank (2)1/2 meters wide can be placed so that it is on either side of the diagonal
of a square shown below.(Figure is not available)What is the area of the plank?
8. The difference b/w the compound interest payble half yearly and the simple interest on a
certain sum lent out at 10% p.a for 1 year is Rs 25. What is the sum?
(a) Rs. 15000 (b) Rs. 12000
(c) Rs. 10000 (d) none of these
9. What is the smallest number by which 2880 must be divided in order to make it into a
perfect square ?
(a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) 6
10. A father is 30 years older than his son however he will be only thrice as old as the son after 5
years. what is father's present age ?
(a) 40 yrs (b) 30 yrs (c) 50 yrs (d) none of these
11. An artical sold at amount of 50% the net sale price is rs 425 .what is the list price of the
a) 500 b) 488 c) 480 d) 510
12. If an item costs Rs.3 in '99 and Rs.203 in '00.What is the % increase in price?
(a) 200/3 % (b) 200/6 % (c) 100% (d) none of these
13. 5 men or 8 women do equal amount of work in a day. a job requires 3 men and 5 women to
finish the job in 10 days how many woman are required to finish the job in 14 days.
a) 10 b) 7 c) 6 d) 12
14. A simple interest amount of rs 5000 for six month is rs 200. what is the anual rate of interest?
a) 10% b) 6% c) 8% d) 9%
15. In objective test a correct ans score 4 marks and on a wrong ans 2 marks are ---. a student
score 480 marks from 150 question. how many ans were correct?
a) 120 b) 130 c) 110 d) 150
Know the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercises. Both should be included in the
exercise workout. An aerobic exercise is an activity designed to improve the respiratory and
circulatory systems of the body. Exercisers should do aerobic activities to develop
cardiovascular fitness. These types of activities generally do not cause one to get “out of
breath.” Usually this type of activity can be done for a long period of time without stopping.
To do aerobic exercises, warm-up with stretches, begin slowly to gradually increase heartbeat
rate and exercise at a steady, comfortable pace for 10-15 minutes. Running, swimming, and
walking are examples of aerobic activities. An anaerobic exercise is an activity done quickly
for a short period of time. The body is worked so hard that the exerciser must rest for a brief
period of time to replace oxygen or “catch his/her breath.” One must rest for a short period of
time after doing anaerobic exercises and sports. Do anaerobic exercises from 10 to 40
seconds, and then rest for 30 to 90 seconds. Repeat this process from 5 to 15 minutes.
Anaerobic exercises help build endurance for sports such as basketball, football, and soccer.
1. In this article the author focuses on:
A. The relationship between exercise and fitness
B. The relationship between weight loss and health
C. The relationship between anaerobic and aerobic exercises
D. The relationship between nutrition and fitness
E. The relationship between exercise and weight loss
2. Which of the following was not considered a possible type of aerobic exercise
A. walking B. running C. swimming D. jogging E. heavy weight training
3. LUMEN : BRIGHTNESS
A. candle : light B. density : darkness
C. nickel : metal D. inches : length E. color : hue
4. MACERATION : LIQUID
A. sublimation : gas B. evaporation : humidity
C. trail : path D. erosion : weather E. decision : distraction
5. Which of the following is an appropriate synonym for the word Debauch ?
a) Demoralize b) Encourage c) Cultivate
6. Find the synonym of Decreed ?
a) made up one's mind b) disagree c) decrease in quantity
7. What is an appropriate synonym for Bifid ?
a) Divided b) Divided in two c) Timid
8. Find the antonym for gaurish.
a) Cheap b) Flashy c) Costly
9. Choose an appropriate antonym for the word deliberate.
a) unintended b) targeted c) focussed
10. Choose the antonym for Sorrow.
a) Joy b) empathy c) sympathy
Direction (for Q.Nos. 1 - 2):
The world dismisses curiosity by calling it idle or mere idle curiosity even though curious
persons are seldom idle.Parents do their best to extinguish curiosity in their children because it
makes life difficult to be faced everyday with a string of unanswerable questions about what
makes fire hot or why grass grows. Children whose curiosity survives parental discipline are
invited to join our university. With the university, they go on asking their questions and trying to
find the answers. In the eyes of a scholar, that is what a university for. some of the questions
which the scholars ask seem to the world to be scarcely worth asking, let alone answering. they
asked questions too minute and specialised for you and me to understand without years of
explanation. If the world inquires of one of them why he wants to know the answer to a
particular question he may say especially if he is a scientist, that the answer will in some obscure
way make possible a new machine or weapon or gadget. He talks that way because he knows that
the world understands and respects utility.
But to you who are now part of the university, he will say that he wants to know the answer
simply because he does not know it, the way the mountain climber wants to climb a mountain,
simply because it is there. Similarly a historian asked by an outsider why he studies history may
come out with the argument that he has learnt to respect to report on such occasions, something
about knowledge of the past making it possible to understand the present and mould the future.
But if you really want to know why a historian studies the past, the answer is much simpler,
something happened and he would like to know what. All this does not mean that the answers
which scholars to find to their enormous consequences but these seldom form the reason for
asking the question or pursuing the answers. It is true that scholars can be put to work answering
questions for sake of the consequences as thousands are working now, for example, in search of
a cure for cancer. But this is not the primary scholars. For the consequences are usually
subordinate to the satisfication of curiosity.
11. A historian really studies the past
A.to comprehend the present and to reconstruct the future
B.to explain the present and plan the future
C.to understand the present and make fortune
D.to understand the present and mould the future
12. According to their passage, parents do their best to discourage curiosity in their children
A.because they have no time
B.because they have no patience to answer them
C.because they feel that their children ask stupid questions continuously
D.because they are unable to answer all the questions
13. Despite of their differences on matters of principles, they all agree on the demand of hike is
A.Despite their B.Despite of the
C.Despite for their D.Despite off their
E.No correction required
15. A French woman
P : committed suicide
Q : where she had put up
R : who had come to Calcutta
S : by jumping from the first floor balcony of the hotel
The Proper sequence should be:
1. Ans B
2. Ans C
3. Ans. 1hr 20min
4. Ans. 22½days
5. Ans. A
6. Ans C
7. Ans :7*(2)1/2
8. Ans C
9. Ans. C
10. Ans. A
11. Ans 500
12. Ans. A
13. Ans 7
14. Ans 8%
15. Ans. 130.
Verbal Ability Answers
5. a) Demoralize
6. a) made up one's mind
7. a) Divided
8. a) Cheap
9. a) Unintended
10. a) Joy