1. If a and b are positive integers and (a-b)/3.5 = 4/7, then
(A) b < a (B) b > a (C) b = a (D) b >= a
2. In june a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its game played. After a
phenomenal winning streak this team raised its average to 50% .How many games must the
team have won in a row to attain this average?
A. 12 B. 20 C. 24 D. 30
3. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more will each
have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift/
A. D/(M-3) B. MD/3 C. M/(D-3) D. 3D/(M2-3M)
4. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr.Brown can paint a house in 6 days while Mr.Black
would take 8 days and Mr.Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr.Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black
begins to work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr.Blue to complete the
A. 7 B. 8 C. 11 D. 12
5. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling
in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train
overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
A. 30 B. 40 C.58 D. 60
6. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
A.-5 B. 4 C. 2 D. 8
7. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of
getting a red shoe
8. What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over
selling price is earned
9. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to
10. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage should it be increased to
make it 100%
11. There is a square of side 6cm . A circle is inscribed inside the square. Find the ratio of the
area of circle to square.
12. There are two candles of equal lengths and of different thickness. The thicker one lasts of six
hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the thicker one. Ramesh lights the two candles at the same
time. When he went to bed he saw the thicker one is twice the length of the thinner one. How
long ago did Ramesh light the two candles.
13. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it the ratio of triangle PQS & parallelogram PQRST .
14. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling
15. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes . If two of red shoes are drawn what is the probability
of getting red shoes.
Direction Questions19-26: In each question below is given a passage followed by
several inference. You have to examine each inference separately in the context of the passage
and decide upon its degree of truth or falsity. mark your answer as :
A. if the inference is ' definitely true' i.e. , it directly follows from the facts given in the passage
B. if the inference is ' probably true' though not definitely true in the light of the facts given
C. if you think the data are in adequate i.e., from the facts given you cannot say whether
the inference is likely to be true or false
D. if you think the inference is ' probably false' though not definitely false in the light of the facts
E. if you think inference is ' definitely false' i.e. , it contradicts the given facts.
Urban services have not expanded fast enough to cope with urban expansion. Low
investment allocation have tended top be under spent. Both public( e. g. water and sewage) and
private (e.g. low-income area housing) infrastructure quality has declined. this impact of
the environment in which children live and the supporting services available to them when
they fall ill, seems clear. The decline in average food availability and the rise in absolute
povertpoint in the same satisfactory direction
1. There is nothing to boast about urban services
2. The public transport system is in the hands of private sector.
3. Birth rate is higher in Urban areas compared to rural areas.
4. Low-cost urban housing is one of the priorities
5. The environment around plays an important role on the health status.
Though the state cultivate only 3.2 lakh tonnes of mangoes, they are of premium quality and with
mangoes becoming second most consumed fruit in the world after grapes. the government has
been trying exporting it through sea route which is cheaper . An experiment which was done in
this regard last year has proved successful.
6. Quality of mangoes is an important factor in exports.
7. The state also exports good quality grapes
8. The state also cultivates a large number of medium quality mangoes.
Direction27-32: In each of the following questions, find out which part of the sentence has
an error. if there is no mistake the answer is 'no error'
9. I going there / will not solve / this complicated problem / No error
A. B. C. D.
10. You can get /all the information you want / in this book / No error
A B C D
11. The bus could not / ascend the steep hill / because it was in the wrong gears / No error
A. B. C. D.
12. No stronger / a figure than his / is prescribed in the history / No error
A. B. C. D.
13. most people would have /attended the union meeting / if they had / longer notice of it / No error
A. B. C. D. E.
14. And though one did not / quite believe his claim / one saw no harm / in granting him permission / No
A B C D E
15. _____ about the success of his company, Randall slept _____ and awakened every few
A. Worried … peacefully B. Disquieted … soundly
C. Satisfied … erratically D. Excited … deeply
E. Concerned … fitfully
1. Ans. A
2. Ans. C
3. Ans. D
5. Ans. B
6. Ans. D
7. Ans 5c1/ 9c1
8. Ans: Rs 66/-
9. Ans: Cannot be determined.
10. Ans: 42.857%
11. Ans. 11/14
12. Ans: 3 hours.
13. Ans: 1:2
14. Ans: Rs 13.86/-
15. Ans: 6c2/10c2
Verbal Ability Answers:
1. Ans: A
2. Ans: C
3. Ans: C
4. Ans: B
5. Ans: A
6. Ans: A
7. Ans: C
8. Ans: E
9. Ans : A
10. Ans : A
11. Ans : C
12. Ans : C
13. Ans : D
14. Ans: E
15. Ans: E