This questionnaire is designed to assess how you self-regulate your learning. It examines things you do before, during, and after studying. Your scores on this questionnaire will let you know where your strengths and weaknesses as a self-regulated learner lie. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers, so be honest!The RLQ is completed in an excel spreadsheetIt asks you to think of a recent challenge you have faced in your academic learning. When you answer the questions throughout this questionnaire, think about that specific challenge. Complete the questions then view your results in the “Results” tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet. The next activity guides you in interpreting your scores.
The next lab activity asks you to report your RLQ results and interpret and reflect on what they mean for you in RLQ Reflection.For each SRL process you are given two types of scores intent scores (or what you intended to do when you studied for each of these aspects)Engagement scores (or what you really did when you studied for each of these aspects)In the RLQ Reflection,record your scores in a table, and answer some questions that prompt you to think about what your scores mean.When you are ready, click on the RLQ reflection activity.To complete the reflection, make sure your name is selected in the left drop down menu at the top of the wiki and click the “edit” tab at the top of the wiki. Save your changes frequently to avoid losing work.
Lab 2:Task Understanding & SRL
Lab 2 Overview
Sharing SRL Metaphors
Class discussion about Task Analysis
• Last lab you uploaded an image or metaphor for what SRL
means to you.
Sharing Metaphors for SRL
Share & Discuss SRL
My Planner 2
• My Planners guide you to engage in the SRL cycle by
– Thinking ahead (Plan/Set goals)
– Thinking back (Monitor how things went)
• Make ‘My Planner’ work for you
– Thoughtful and reflective answers!
– Should take you 10-15 minutes
My Planner 2
My Planner 2
• How well do you self-regulate your learning?
– What are your strengths & weaknesses ?
• Use the RLQ Questionnaire to find out!
Regulation of Learning Questionnaire
• Open your RLQ and look at your scores
• You Are Given 2 kinds of scores
– Intent score(how much you intended to engage each process)
– Engagement score (how much you ACTUALLY engaged each process)
• Report your scores & interpret what they mean
Why conduct a TASK ANALYSIS of an upcoming
Helps you improve your task understanding of what
You should be doing and why (Phase 1 of the SRL cycle)!
• Share our answers from your Task Analysis Activity
• Generate 2 questions to ask the professor
– Click on the activity again
– View submitted responses to see what everyone in the class said
– What is similar, what is different?
Be sure to read about how labs are graded!
See “Assignment Information & Submission” for help
Be sure to submit your lab work on time!