Lab10 fall 2013 revised nov.18Presentation Transcript
Regulating Studying & Test Taking
• Weekly SRL
– My Planner 10
• My Planner Progress Report
• Exam Preparation
– Analysis of a midterm exam
– Exam audit Analysis & Reflection
– Task Analysis – prepare for a final exam
• Quiz 5
My Planner 10
• My Planners guide you to engage in the SRL cycle by
– Thinking ahead (Plan/Set goals)
– Thinking back (Monitor how things went)
• Make My Planner work for you
– Thoughtful and reflective answers!
– Should take you 10-15 minutes
My Planner Progress Report
Download and complete your
My Planner Progress Report!
This activity allows you to take a comparative look at your goals
over the last 10 weeks
Exam Audit Activities
• Using an old test, quiz or midterm….
– Complete the midterm exam audit and upload in Lab 10
– Complete the Exam Audit Analysis & Reflection
– Complete the Task Analysis – Prepare for a Final Exam
• Thinking ahead to next time:
– Check out some exam planning tools that can help prepare
for your next exam.
– These are not homework....just resources to try out.
– Tip: Work with friends on your exam planning!
See Exam Planning Tools
• Quiz 5 in lab
– Any attempts to complete the quiz outside of lab results in automatic
– All attempts are time stamped and logged
• Your instructor will provide you with instructions about how
to access the quiz in lab
Exam Prep Strategies
Add and try one test preparation strategy
to your SL