Lab 2 Overview
Check ins & feedback from Lab 1
Sharing SRL Metaphors
Class discussion about Task Analysis
Sharing Metaphors for SRL
• Last lab you uploaded an image or metaphor for what SRL
means to you.
Share & Discuss SRL
1. My Planner 2
2. RLQ Questionnaire + Reflection
3. Task Analysis of Lecture + TU Questions
My Planner 2
• My Planners guide you to engage in the SRL cycle by
– Thinking ahead (Plan/Set goals)
– Thinking back (Monitor how things went)
• Make ‘My Planner’ work for you
– Thoughtful and reflective answers!
– Should take you 10-15 minutes
My Planner 2
Regulation of Learning Questionnaire
• How well do you self-regulate your learning?
– What are your strengths & weaknesses ?
• Use the RLQ Questionnaire to find out!
• Open your RLQ and look at your scores
• You Are Given 2 kinds of scores
– Intent score (how much you intended to engage each process)
– Engagement score (how much you ACTUALLY engaged each process)
• Report your scores & interpret what they mean
Why conduct a TASK ANALYSIS of an upcoming
Helps you improve your task understanding of what
You should be doing and why (Phase 1 of the SRL cycle)!
Next: Sharing our answers
• Share our answers from your Task Analysis Activity
• Generate 2 questions to ask the professor
– Click on the activity again
– View submitted responses to see what everyone in the class said
– What is similar, what is different?
Be sure to read about how labs are graded.
See “Assignment Information & Submission” for help
Be sure to submit your lab work on time!