2. Reflective practice An introduction for Language teachers
3. Are teachers born? orAre teachers made? Can teaching be taught?
4. A good teacher is… …made Teaching is a … skill
5. A good teacherwants to be… … better
6. Approachesand methods
7. Approach – method Technique Approach reflects a certain model or research paradigm WHY. (Grammar- WHY translation approach, reading approach, communicative approach) Method is a set of procedures, i.e a system that spells out rather precisely how to teach a second or a foreign language. Methods are typically compatible with one (Two) approaches. HOW (Silent way, Total Physical Response TPR, Suggestopedia) Technique is classroom device or activity. STEPS(dictation, imitation, STEPS repetition,etc.)
8. What are Anthony’sdistinctions among approach,method andtechnique?
9. ApproachTheories of language Theories of language learning• Structural view – how • What are the the language is psycholinguistic and approached-coding cognitive processes involved in language• Functional view – learning? semantic and communicative- • What are the conditions meaning and functions that need to be met in of the language. order for these leaning processes to be activated?• Interactional theories
10. Exemplify a theory oflanguage and theoryof language learning relationship
12. Procedure• Techniques – The use of teaching activites (drills, dialogues, information gaps activities, etc.) – The use of teaching activities for practicing language. – The procedures and techniques used in giving feedback to learners concerning the form and content.