STORAGE OF IMPORTANT RESERVOIRS IN
• Central Water commission is monitoring storage
position of 85 important reservoirs spread all over
the country, of which as many as 37 reservoirs are
having significant hydro-power benefits with
installed capacities of more than 60 MW each
• FOLLOWIING POINTS TAKEN FROM PRESIDENT OF INDIA’S
• USE THE QUOTES IN ESSAY WRITING – TOPIC – WOMEN
RELATED ESSAYS – WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
• SEE NEXT SLIDE
QUOTE - WOMEN
• Women enjoyed freedom and equal participation in public
life in ancient India. In the Rig Veda, women are placed at
the highest pedestal – ‘Yatr nariyastu poojayante ramante
tatr devah’ or where women are worshipped, Gods
preside there. The Taittriya Upanishad teaches us
‘Matridevo bhava’ or ‘Let your mother be God to you’.
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA QUOTE – WOMEN
• Swami Vivekananda rightly said, “All nations have attained
greatness by paying proper respect to women. That
country and that nation which does not respect women
has never become great”.
INDIA AND THE GREAT WAR
• FIRST WORLD WAR – 100 YEARS CELEBRATIONS – GOING ON
• SO READ ABOUT FIRST WORLD WAR * CAUSES FOR IT,
CONSEQUENCES OF FIRST WORLD WAR FROM YOUR WORLD
HISTORY TEXT BOOK.
• MAINS SYLLABUS – GS PAPER 1 – WORLD HISTORY – FIRST
UKRAINE – IS BECOMING
• Here – we already covered about
Ukraine issue in detail in two articles –
ECA 2014 programme
• Here you should know some important
geographical places around Crimean
• Click next slide
LOCATE IN MAP
• CRIMEAN PENINSULA
• SEA OF AZOV
• BLACK SEA
• HOW MANY COUNTRIES BORDERING
• SEA OF MARMARA
• The Autonomous Republic of Crimea is anautonomous
republic in the southeastern region of Ukraine, of which it
is a part, although it has great autonomy and its own
• The Autonomous Republic of Crimea is an
autonomous parliamentary republic within Ukraine and is
governed by the Constitution of Crimea in accordance
with the laws of Ukraine.
• The Black Sea is a sea in south-eastern Europe. It is
bounded by Europe, Anatolia and the Caucasus and is
ultimately connected to the Atlantic Ocean via
the Mediterranean and the Aegean Seas and
• The Bosphorus Strait connects it to the Sea of Marmara,
and the Strait of the Dardanelles connects that sea to the
Aegean Sea region of the Mediterranean
• These waters separate eastern Europe and western Asia.
The Black Sea is also connected to the Sea of Azov by
the Strait of Kerch.
• he Black Sea has a positive water balance; that is, a net
outflow of water through the Bosphorus and the
Dardanelles into the Aegean Sea
SEA OF AZOV
• It is linked by the narrow (about 4 km) Strait of Kerch to
the Black Sea to the south and is bounded in the north by
mainland Ukraine, in the east by Russia, and in the west by
Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
• The Don and Kuban are the major rivers that flow into it.
The Sea of Azov is the shallowest sea in the world
• It is a narrow strait in northwestern Turkey connecting
the Aegean Sea to the Sea of Marmara
SEA OF MARMARA
• It is the inland sea, entirely within the borders of Turkey,
that connects the Black Sea to the Aegean Sea, thus
separating Turkey's Asian and European parts.
• The Bosphorus strait connects it to the Black Sea and
the Dardanelles strait to the Aegean.
• The former also separates Istanbul into its Asian and
• It is a strait that forms part of the boundary
between Europe and Asia. The Bosphorus, the Sea of
Marmara, and the Dardanelles strait to the southwest
together form the Turkish Straits. The world's narrowest
strait used for international navigation, the Bosphorus
connects the Black Sea with the Sea of Marmara