Our origins mean that we understand educational terms, concepts, and crucially, how people learn. We offer a range of award-winning solutions which are already in use by organisations ranging from SME’s to corporates and government bodies.
These positions, fonts, sizes and colours should not be changed.
1. The Impact of MobileTechnology on eLearningLinda SteedmanCEO, eCom Scotland
2. Rapid Expansion of Mobile Technologies• 57% of global population use mobile devices.• China, India, US, Brazil, Russia, Japan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Germany and Nigeria account for 55% of the global usage of mobile phones.• Over 100 million mobile subscriptions in the above top ten countries (2012).• China has over a billion subscribers.• Nigeria passed the 100 million mark in November 2012.
3. Growth of the Smartphone Industry• Specialists in learning management and workforce competence solutions.• Smartphones are categorised into four camps: Android, Apple, Windows and Blackberry.• High speed mobile broadband via wireless increasingly available.• Smartphones now widely used to browse internet.• Safer ways of deploying content via local storage apps are being developed all the time.
4. Mobile Learning Transforming the Delivery of Education and Training• Mobile technology is changing how we access information and communicate.• Encouraging greater use of the technology to deliver eLearning and assessment materials.• The courses now resembles learning apps.• eLearning on mobile devices used as performance support tools for formal and informal learning.
5. What 2013 Will Bring for eLearning Industry?• The eLearning market is maturing with increasingly sophisticated offerings.• New mobile devices will drive the market into fashion trends that will affect how we work and communicate.• Austerity will bring more innovation within education sector.• Learners will continue to use resources at work, on the move and at home.• Responsive design will expand rapidly..
6. Corporate eLearning in 2013• Huge gaps in staff technical knowledge will be met by cost-effective eLearning with eAssessment.• Costly in-house open-source projects will be replaced with on-demand licensed models.• Many companies will move to generating a better return for their investment through using open-source projects.
7. Products Services eCom Scotland’s experience and creativity gives you added value throughout the project.
8. For further information about the impact of mobile technology please visit http://bit.ly/142agXR