Simulation
SIMULATION
Def: Simulation: The imitation of chance behavior based on a model
that accurately reflects the phenomenon unde...
3.) Assign digits to represent outcomes to match expectations
- ex Let #1-4 represent male, #5 represent female for random...
Assigning Digits: (Correspondence)
When choosing digits for a random # generator, choose enough that will make
sense to th...
Table of Random Digits/Calculator
•
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Simulation

207

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
207
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Transcript of "Simulation"

  1. 1. Simulation
  2. 2. SIMULATION Def: Simulation: The imitation of chance behavior based on a model that accurately reflects the phenomenon under consideration Steps: 1.) State the problem or describe the random phenomenon (this is more for real life, in a classroom this will be the example or test question) What is the likelihood that a female will be chosen from AP Stats to bring in candy for our next activity? 2.) State the assumptions (this is the percentage of something that you are testing) - ex: 80% of students in an AP Stats class are male - Candy is needed for next activity - male and female are independent traits
  3. 3. 3.) Assign digits to represent outcomes to match expectations - ex Let #1-4 represent male, #5 represent female for random # generator - ex Let #0-7 represent male, #8-9 represent female for random # table 4.) Simulate many repetitions Decide how many repetitions would be needed to draw a clear conclusion - we will discuss this more in a later chapter, for now we will use 25 trials. 5.) State your conclusion: We estimate the probability of a female being chosen to be: Notice: the conclusion is based on experimental evidence not theoretical evidence.
  4. 4. Assigning Digits: (Correspondence) When choosing digits for a random # generator, choose enough that will make sense to the given %. Examples: 75 % could be represented by 1-4 where 1-3 represent the 75% and 4 represents the other 25% OR 00-99 where 00-74 the 75% and 75-99 represent the other 25% 60% could be represented by 0-9 where 0-5 represent the 60% and 6-9 represents the other 40% OR 1-5 where 1-3 represent the 60% and 4-5 represent the other 40% OR 00-99 where 00-59 represent the 60% and 60-99 represent the other 40% SIMPLE RANDOM SAMPLE (SRS) Consists of n individuals from the population to be chosen in such a way that every set of n individuals has an equal chance of being the sample that is selected
  5. 5. Table of Random Digits/Calculator •
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×