Indo-Europeans migrated into Europe, India, and
Southwest Asia and interacted with peoples living
1. Describe the spread of Indo-Europeans and their
2. Identify the Hittite empire and effects of its
technology on other societies
3. Summarize the possible Aryan invasion of India and
the culture that resulted
Trading societies extended the development of
civilization beyond the Fertile Crescent region.
1. Describe Minoan civilization
2. Identify contributions of the Phoenicians
3. Summarize the extent and impact of world trade
Despite challenges, the Hebrews maintained
monotheistic beliefs that were unique in the ancient
1. Summarize the history and beliefs of the ancient
2. Explain the historical and cultural importance of the
3. Describe Israel under Saul, David, and Solomon
4. Describe Israel’s destruction and the Hebrews’ exile
1800 BCE, Canaan
1650 BCE, Egypt
Hebrews migrated to Egypt to avoid draught &
famine - but then enslaved.
Fled captivity between 1300 -1200 BCE, led by
Legend says the Hebrews wandered the Sinai Desert
for 40 years
10 Commandments . . .
What do you notice
about the ﬁrst four
opposed to the last
Which two are stated
in the positive form?
How would you
12 Tribes down to Judah (Jews & Judaism)