Kevin Kelly really changed our thinking with his post about 1,000 true fans. Kevin Kelly really changed our thinking with his post about 1,000 true fans. Invited to a group mixer. (go to invitations)
1. FACEBOOK Business Pages for Real Estate Facebook was the most visited Web site in the U.S. during the week ending March 13, surpassing Google for an entire week for the first time, online metrics firm Hitwise said.
4. The Rules: <ul><li>Anything I say today could be outdated tomorrow. </li></ul><ul><li>What I say is mostly my opinion. You can probably do it bigger, better, or different. </li></ul><ul><li>I am not a geek. Facebook is more about content than it is about technology. </li></ul>
5. Facebook pages are not free. They cost TIME. Once your page is built, plan for 15 - 30 minutes a day for a couple weeks. And then 10 minutes a day to maintain. .
6. Privacy? Read the privacy rules weekly. They change at least that often. Really. You can customize who can see and comment on things you share (like photos), the stuff on your wall, and things you're tagged in.
7. Google Never Forgets. Remember.
8. Who am I Who should you be?
9. A Facebook Profile should be used to represent an individual. Status Tabs The Wall Your Blurb Connections are called Friends Photo
10. Facebook Group A group is used by clubs and organizations to engage their members. Connections are called Members Posts do not show up in a member’s news feed.
11. Facebook Pages aka Fan Pages aka Public Profile Connections are called Fans (like)
12. Facebook Site Governance: Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (updated 8/11/09) Section 4, Point 2 “ You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain. “
13. Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business? 1. The pages are public, which makes them visible to search engines. 2. New content that you create on a page will show up in the newsfeed of fans.
14. 3. Tabs on a facebook page can be customized. Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business?
16. 4. Pages allow you to create a landing page Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business?
17. 5. Facebook allows you to place targeted ads that link to specific tabs. Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business?
18. 6. Facebook provides a page analysis tool called Insights Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business?
19. Before you create a page <ul><li>1. Get your personal profile in order. </li></ul><ul><li>Find friends in your area or niche. </li></ul><ul><li>(Note: Connecticut is not a niche.) </li></ul><ul><li>3. Become a fan of local pages and participate. </li></ul><ul><li>4. Take lots of local photos </li></ul>
20. How to Create a Page! It’s pretty darn easy. Really. <ul><li>Go to www.facebook.com/pages/create.php </li></ul><ul><li>Select a Business Category. </li></ul><ul><li>Choose a Name. Think carefully about this. </li></ul><ul><li>Fill in available basic and detailed fields, add photo or logo and a blurb about your business. (Different business will have different fields.) </li></ul>
21. <ul><li>5. Customize your tabs. Or not. </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Facebook provides Wall, Info, Photos, Discussions, Reviews, Events, Notes and Video. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>You can add additional tabs from applications or create custom tabs. </li></ul></ul>
22. Missoula on Facebook
23. 6. Choose your landing page You can select which tab opens for new visitors.
24. 7. Add good content*. Period . *Use links, photos, videos, interesting updates *The following is not good content:
26. 8. Find other local pages and make them your favorites <ul><li>When you have 25 fans, select a user name </li></ul><ul><li>www.facebook.com/username </li></ul>
27. Ledyard CT on Facebook
28. Facebook strategy?
29. Facebook strategy?
30. My Facebook Strategy: The goal shouldn't be to have a lot of people to yell at, the goal probably should be to have a lot of people who choose to listen. ……..Seth Godin
33. Share Photos
35. Become a Resource
36. Encourage Community Involvement
37. Hi Linda, My name is Drew Warmath. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to put together the Ledyard CT page on Facebook. My family moved to Gales Ferry in 1964. I moved away in 1990, but my mother still resides on Pine Lock Drive. I have just spent more than an hour browsing your FB page and your blog at simplyledyard. What wonderful memories I have; from working summers at the Up-Down Sawmill, to driving through 6 inches of water on the "old" Sandy Hollow Road. It's been a delightful journey back through time. Thanks again! Drew
38. Tips and Tricks Remove annoying stuff. Post audio to FaceBook from your Iphone.
39. Facebook News Feed Top News VS Most Recent algorithmically-generated view
40. Use photo tagging for more than people!
41. Create Lists P.S. When you receive a friend request you can chose which list a friend belongs in.