View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Institute for Leadership Education and Development (I-LEAD)
Region 7 Scholarship Application Form
($650 Registration Fee Waiver)
What is I-LEAD®?
• I-LEAD® will explore the meaning of community and its importance to the role of the
college union and student activities.
• I-LEAD® will provide a unique, multi-ethnic learning environment of students and
professionals from a variety of regions and offering alternative perspectives.
• I-LEAD® will provide focused group activities that support investigation and clarification
of leadership skills and issues of culture, gender and ethnicity, ethics, and service.
• I-LEAD® will explore personal values and how those values relate to the values of your
• I-LEAD® will provide exposure to and interaction with experienced and talented role
models and professionals from the college union and student activities field.
Leadership, according to “The Future of Leadership” (2001), isn’t a place; it’s a process. The
Institute for Leadership Education and Development (I-LEAD®) is designed to emphasize the
key concept area of leadership, community development, and change during this time of
uncertainty within our world.
I-LEAD® offers an opportunity for the leaders of tomorrow to focus on personal growth and
pertinent issues facing our world. The institute maximizes the potential of the student-staff
partnership model by creating educational student-student and student-professional
I-LEAD® is an intensive, live-in, learning experience. I-LEAD® is an institute, not a conference.
As an institute, the program offers a unified curriculum to all participants. The curriculum is
grounded by “The Role of the College Union” statement and the I-LEAD® values: inclusion,
shared vision, risk taking, collaboration, celebration, human dignity, community building, and
Join us at I-LEAD® 2008
I-LEAD is first come, first served based on the date of the received registration. Please do not
make nonrefundable travel arrangements prior to the registration deadline until you
have received confirmation from the ACUI Central Office.
The registration fee for I-LEAD® participants is approximately $650. Included in the registration
fee are the cost of meals, snacks, lodging, materials, and program activities for the five-day
institute. Participants are responsible for travel expenses and any meals while traveling to and
from Northern Kentucky University (just south of Cincinnati).
Session: July 18 – July 23, 2010
Northern Kentucky University (Newport, KY)
Application Deadline: Friday, June 4, 2010
I-LEAD Application Form
Deadline, Friday, June 4, 2010
Phone Number Email Address
Status for Fall 2010 (check one) Undergrad Grad
Field of Study Grade Point Average
Anticipated Graduation Date
Will you be enrolled for Fall 2010? Yes No
A. Please answer the following questions and attach to application:
1. Describe your past and current campus involvement/employment in student activities or
2. Describe a significant contribution you have made to your campus.
3. Why are you interested in attending I-LEAD.
4. List other scholarship awards and recognitions you have received.
5. Describe any past ACUI experience (not necessary to receive scholarship).
6. If selected, how do you plan to fund your travel to Northern Kentucky University (just south of
B. Provide letter of nomination (from staff) and one reference letter (from staff).
Letter from nominator; Name Email
Reference letter; Name Email
Completed application form and answer sheet
Copy of academic transcript (can be unofficial)
Mail, fax or email to: Diane Wisnewski
Macomb Community College, P126
44575 Garfield Road
Clinton Township, MI 48038
or email@example.com (preferred)
or 586-286-2250 (fax)
Office Use Only:
All materials enclosed Yes No Missing
Recommendation by Selection Committee