1. the tale of 4 presence trees the present of his
2. John 1 1 In the beginning was the 5 The light shines in the Word, and the Word was with darkness, but the darkness has God, and the Word was God. not understood it. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life and that life was the light of men.
3. Genesis 1 1 In t h e b e g i n n i n g G o d 4 God saw that the light was created the heavens and the good, and he separated the earth. light from the darkness. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
4. Genesis 2 8 Now the LORD God had 1 0 In t h e m i d d l e o f t h e planted a garden in the east, in garden were the tree of life and Eden; and there he put the the tree of the knowledge of man he had formed. good and evil. 9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground - trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food.
5. Genesis 1 2 1 6 In ntd e t h e g iL O Rn g G o d A h b nni D 4 God saw that the light was commanded heavens and are created the the man, “You the good, and he separated the !ee to earth. eat from any tree in the light from the darkness. garden; 2 Now the earth was formless 17 empty, darkness eat over and but you must not was from the tree of the the deep, and surface of knowledge of good and of God was hovering the Spirit evil, for when you eat of it the will surely die... over you waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
6. Genesis 1 3 6 In t h b g i n n i g that 1 ...WhenetheewomannsawG o d 4 God saw that the light was 7 Then the eyes of both of the fruit of heavens and the created the the tree was good them and opened, and the good, were he separated they for food and pleasing to the earth. realized they were naked; so light from the darkness. eye, and also desirable for they sewed ﬁg leaves together 2 Now wisdom, she took some gaining the earth was formless and made coverings for and ate it. She also gave some and empty, darkness was over themselves. theher husband, the deep, with to surface of who was and the Spirit of God was hovering her, and he ate it. over the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
7. Genesis 1 3 8 In t the e g i n i g wife 1 Then h e bmannandnhisG o d 4 And he said, “Wholight was 11 God saw that the told you heard the sound of the L the created the heavens and ORD that and he naked? Have good,you were separated the God earth.walking in the garden in you from from the tree lighteaten the darkness. that I the cool of the day, and they commanded you not to eat 2 i d f r o m earth L O Rformless h Now the t h e was D G o d from?” and empty,trees of thewas over among the darkness garden. the surface of the deep, and 9 But the L God was called to the Spirit ofORD God hovering the the “Where overman,waters. are you?” 10 He answered, “I heard you 3 And God said, “Let there be in the garden, and I was light,” and there was light.a!aid because I was naked; so I hid.”
8. Genesis 1 3 22 And e e g i n God said, 1 In t htheb LORDn i n g G o d 4 God saw drovethe light out, 24 After he that the man was “The man hasheavens and like created the now become the he placed he separated of good, andon the east sidethe one of earth. us, knowing good and the from the Eden cherubim lightGarden ofdarkness. evil. and a ﬂaming sword ﬂashing 2 Now the earth was formless back and forth to guard the He empty, darkness was over and must not be allowed to way to the tree of life. reach out of the and and the surfacehis hand deep, take also from the tree of life and the Spirit of God was hovering eat, the waters. overand live forever. 23 So the L said, “Let there be 3 And GodORD God banished him from there was light. light,” and the Garden of Eden to wo r k t h e g r o u n d f r o m which he had been taken.
9. John 1 1 In the beginning was the 5 The light shines in the Word, and the Word was with darkness, but the darkness has God, and the Word was God. not understood it. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were 14 The Word became ﬂesh and made; without him nothing made his dwe#ing among us. was made that has been made. 4 In him was life and that life was the light of men.
10. John 1 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. 14 The Word became ﬂesh and made his dwe#ing among us.
11. Luke 2 4 So Joseph also went up from 7 And she gave birth to her t h e t o w n o f Na z a r e t h i n ﬁrstborn, a son. She wrapped Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem him in cloths and placed him in the town of David, because he a manger, because there was no belonged to the house and line room for them in the inn. of David. 5 He w e n t t h e r e t o b e registered with Mary, who was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born,
12. what’s the present?
13. Revelation 21 1 Then I saw a new heaven and “Now the dwe#ing of God is a ne w ear th, for the first with men, and he will live with heaven and the ﬁrst earth had them. They will be his people, passed away, and there was no and God himself will be with longer any sea. them and be their God. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new 4 He will wipe every tear from Jerusalem, coming down out of their eyes. There will be no heaven from God, prepared as more death or mourning or a bride beautifully dressed for cr ying or pain, for the old her husband. order of things has passed away.” 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,
14. Revelation 22 1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, ﬂowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb... 2 ...down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month... ...and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.