Material Possessions Aren’t Eternal, Your Soul Is!
Misconceptions of the After Life!
Forms of worshiping other gods!
Forms of idolatry!
Forms of blasphemy (evil speaking)!
Forms of dishonoring your parents!
Forms of murder!
Forms of Adultery 1 of 2!
Forms of Adultery 2 of 2!
Forms of stealing 1 of 2!
Forms of stealing 2 of 2!
Forms of lying!
Forms of coveteousness!
God’s Law: The Ten Commandments!
God’s Law: The Ten Commandments!
God’s Law: The Ten Commandments!
God’s Law: The Ten Commandments!
God’s Law: The Ten Commandments!
God’s Law: The Ten Commandments!
The Gospel Of Jesus Christ
The New Birth
Christians, Beware of Sin!
Jesus our Justification
What will Heaven Will Be Like?
Time is ticking! What decision will you choose?
My brief testimony! A slave to sin to slave to righteousness!
Nothing can save you part 1
Nothing can save you part 2
Nothing can save you part 3
1. Are you good enough to go to Heaven?
2. Some may say the following:"Nobody can know for sure that they are going to Heaven, right”? WRONG!"There is no such thing as a literal place called Heaven! Its made up! So theres no need to worry about going there"! WRONG! “Heaven is on earth”! WRONG!"Everyone is going to Heaven because all roads of religion lead to Heaven"! WRONG! "I guess well have to wait till we get there to find out, right?" WRONG!“If my good outweighs my bad, Ill probably go to Heaven, right”? WRONG! "If I try my best wont God let me into heaven”? WRONG!"Well, Im not as bad as that other person! Therefore, I think I see myself a good person good enough to go to Heaven"! WRONG!
3. To make a presumption that what you have been taught all your life must be true, especially concerning the destination of your eternal soul, is the epitome of foolishness. Your soul is the only possession you have that is eternal! God has placed eternity in all the hearts of men (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Your wife, husband, children, house, cars, money, possessions,beauty, health, etc. are all temporal. Nobody can, ever have, or ever will be able to possess these things forever. "For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it" (1 Timothy 6:7). “The Lord sends poverty and wealth; He humbles and exalts” (1 Samuel 2:7). "For he will take nothing with him when he dies, his splendor will not descend with him" (Psalms 49:17). "Naked a man comes from his mothers womb, and as he comes, so he departs. He takes nothing from his labor that he can carry in his hand" (Ecclesiastes 5:15).“……..Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised” (Job 1:21).“Riches profit not in the day of wrath; but righteousness delivereth from death” (Proverbs 11:4; cf Proverbs 10:2).
4. Your soul, however, lives on forever! There is no such thing found in the Scriptures that teaches annihilation (the soul ceases to exist in the afterlife), purgatory (a place in the afterlife that where people get their sins purge before entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to the world as a form of anotherperson, plant, or an animal), or a soul having unfinished business on earth (that is a soul lingering upon the face of the earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our soul belongs to God who gave it in the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to God who judges our earthly life and determines where we will spend eternity; either being eternally present with Him in Heaven or eternally separated from His presence in Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do not take your chances! Do not trust in what man tells you(Isaiah 2:22). What does God have to say about salvation and going to Heaven? That’s what’s important! This leads me to the point of this message, Are you good enough to go to Here? Let’s see if you’re good enough to go there? Keep in mind, there will be a number of questions on the following slides so please be honest with your answers! Don’t side-step the questions! Some questions may or may not apply to you!I’m not saying that you should read this aloud but read these questions to yourself! It is confidential! If you don’t feel comfortable in taking this test, you’re free to end this slideshow here! Otherwise, you may proceed to the next slide! Good Luck!
5. Have you obeyed Gods commands perfectly? Do you worship God alone? Have you loved Him with all your heart, soul, mind, andYour soul, however, lives on forever! There is no such thing found in the strength? Scriptures that teaches annihilation (the soul ceases to exist in the Ever created your own view of God that contradicts the God of the Bible? afterlife), purgatory (a place in the afterlife that where people get their sins purge before entering Heaven), do this or that” or “I think or feel Godto this Like saying things like “My God wouldn’t reincarnation (coming back is the or that”? world as a form of another person, plant, or an animal), or a soul having unfinished business on earth (that is a soul lingering upon the face of Or do you worship a god or many gods?the earth if he/she dieddo you worship aOnce we many goddesses? belongs to God Or tragically). goddess or die, our soul who gave it in the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to Or do you worship both? God who judges our earthly life and determines where we will spend eternity; either do you worship supernatural beings or mythological creatures? eternally Or being eternally present with Him in Heaven or separated from His presence in you worship aliens? Or do Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do not take yourchances! Do not trust in what man tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does God Or do you worship everything on the earth like mountains, animals, the elements, the have to say about salvation and going to Heaven? That’s what’s sky, and etc? important! Or do you worship the stars, the moon, the sun, and the planets in our universe? Or do you worship science and technology? Or do you worship yourself? Or do you worship people both living and dead (i.e. Catholic saints, Old Testament saints, ancestors, the pope, a prophet, the pastor, famous celebrity, famous sports athlete, famous singer, famous poet, famous author, the president, and etc)? Or do you worship angels? Or do you worship Satan (Lucifer) himself and his demons?
6. Do you have idols in your heart? Ever had an object of affection youve loved more than God such as your possessions (i.e. car, house, television,Your soul, however, lives on forever! There is no such thing found in the vacation trip, vacation home, video game, sex, internet, computer games, drugs, alcohol, phone, a political party, money, and etc)? Scriptures that teaches you put something else first other than ceases to exist in the Do annihilation (the soul God? afterlife), purgatory girlfriend, family, personal afterlife that where in life, friends,getortheir Like your job, boyfriend, (a place in the desires, hobby, spouse, ambitions people and etc? sins Have you ever dreamed of following your Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to the purge before entering favorite celebrity, singer, or sports athlete’s shoes in hopes of becoming rich world as a form of another person, plant,them?an animal), or a soul having and famous like or unfinished businesscandles, pictures, as God thatpendants, outlingering or stone and rosary work, at sacred statues, scapulars, on earth (that is a soul Do you have a religious symbol you worship paintings, is carved church symbols, necklaces, the at of wood, metal, upon(i.e. etc) face of beads,the earth if he/she died tragically). Once home?die, our soul belongs to God church, or at we who gave it in the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to Do you have a shrine or sanctuary to store your idols at your home to reverence God? What about a god or gods? What about a goddess or goddesses? God who judges our earthly life and determines where we will spend Or do you have any religious symbols) affiliated with your god, gods, goddess, or goddesses at home? eternity; do you havebeingofeternally a famous celebrity, author, singer, orHeaven oryour home? Or either a shrine memorabilia of present with Him in sports athlete at eternally separated wear suchHis presence in Helllike pendants, rosary beads, scapulars, necklaces withyour Do you from religious symbols to resemble God (Luke 16:19-31). Do not take youchances! Do not trust in what man tellsyou go? (Isaiah 2:22). What does God wherever you have to say about salvation and going to Heaven? That’s what’s Do you bring talismans, amulets, pendants, charms, or anything sacred to that resemble you god, gods, goddess, or goddesses? important! Does your idol or idols resemble a man, a woman, a fish or sea animal of any kind, an insect of any kind, a bird of any kind, a reptile of any kind, or a land animal of any kind? Do you have a body piercing or piercings on your body? Do you wear them to express yourself? Do you have a tattoo or tattoos on your body? Do you wear them to express yourself? Do you have tattoos that are associated with God (i.e. cross, Christ, the crucifixion, Lord’s prayer, and etc)? Or do you have tattoos on your body that are associated with religious symbols of you god, gods, goddess, or goddesses? How about tattoos that are non-religious that describes your life and character (i.e. picture of your family member who is alive or deceased)? How about tattoos are your favorite quotes? How about tattoos that are gang-affiliated?
7. Ever taken the Lords name in vain (vain means taken lightly)? In your day to day conversations, do you use His name as a profane word (when you’re angry, startled, and etc)?Your soul, however, lives on forever! There is no such thing found in the Scriptures that teachestoannihilation (the soulisceases to exist in the In your day day conversations, do you have what called a “sailor’s mouth”? afterlife), purgatory (a place in the afterlife thatyour speech?people get their Like using vulgar and filthy words in where Ever listen to music that has filthy and vulgar speech? sins purge before entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to the world as a form of anotherlisten to music that degrades or an animal), Bible?a soul having Ever person, plant, or mocks God and the or Ever watched a movie that mocked God and the Bible? unfinished business on earth (that is a soul lingering upon the face ofthe earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our life? belongs to God Ever cursed God for your circumstances in soul Ever blamed God for your circumstances in life? who gave it in the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to God who judges our earthlytemptedand determineseverything? we will spend Ever life God by complaining about where eternity; either being eternallysworn an oath to God you couldn’t keep? Ever present with Him in Heaven or eternally Like swearing by Heaven, God, Christ, or even by your own life or a life another in order for someone to believe you separated from His presence in Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do not take your were telling the truth?chances! Do not trust inEver mocked His name, His being, His character, or His nature? what man tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does God have to say about salvation Ever denied the existence of God? and going to Heaven? That’s what’s important! Ever rejected the message of the Gospel? Ever mocked or mishandled His Word (the Bible)? Like making a joke out of it or simply despising Him and His Word? What about claiming to be a Christian but not living Christian-like? Like being a hearer of the word and not a doer? Like appearing to be holy on the outside, but ravenous and wicked on the inside? Like professing to know God but by your deeds you deny Him? Like professing with your lips that He is your God , but your heart is far from Him? If you’re a Christian and when you pray to God, do you doubt that your prayers will be answered? If you’re a Christian, do you believe when you’re sinning that God is tempting you to sin? If you’re a Christian, have you ever taken the glory, praise, or credit that God alone deserves?
8. How about honoring your parents? Do you honor your parents by respecting their position of being your parents all theYour soul, however, lives on forever! There is no such thing found in the time? Scriptures that teaches annihilation (the soul ceases to exist in the Do you honor your parents by valuing and loving their person all the time? afterlife), purgatory (a place in the afterlife that where people get their sins purge before your parents Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to thethe Do you honor entering by submitting to their authority and the rules they set in house all the time? world as a form of another person, plant, or an animal), or a soul having unfinishedyou honor your parents by(that is a soul lingeringdiscipline when you’re at Do business on earth accepting their instruction or upon the face of fault all the time?the earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our soul belongs to God who gave ityou the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). Itabused you, Do in forgive your parents even though they have physically or sexually is up to neglected you, disown you, or given you up for adoption? Whether past or present? God who judges our earthly life and determines where we will spend eternity; either being do you dishonor, disown, hate,Him in against them? eternally Or eternally present with or rebel Heaven or separated from Hisyou ever thought of emancipating yourself from your parents? your Have presence in Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do not takechances! Do not trust in what man tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does God Do you speak ill of them even though they’re deceased? have to say about salvation and going to Heaven? That’s what’s important! Do you care for them when they can no longer take care of themselves? Ever said anything offensive or disrespectful to them? Like telling them to drop dead or to go to Hell? Ever had thoughts of harming them? Ever taken advantage of them? Ever lied to them to get yourself out of trouble? Have youve done anything so bad in the past or something just recently that has damaged your familys reputation? Like being involved in a scandal, committing a serious or petty crime, and etc?
9. Have you always loved your neighbor as yourself? When I talk about “neighbor”, that means everyone (i.e. family, friend, spouse, children, co-worker, stranger, and etc) ?Your soul, however, lives onyou neglect the needs of your neighbors? Do forever! There is no such thing found in the Scriptures that teaches annihilationyour enemies? ceases to exist in the Even loving (the soul afterlife), purgatory (a place inangry with someone without a cause? people get their Ever gotten the afterlife that where sins purge before entering Heaven), reincarnationthoughts of doingback to the Ever had fits of rage that lead you to break things or at least had (coming it? world as a form of another person, plant, or an animal), or a soul having Ever had thoughts of harming a person? unfinished business on earth (that is a soul lingering upon the face of Ever had premeditated thoughts in killing that person?the earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, ourbefore? belongs to God Ever pronounced a curse or placed a hex on someone soul who gave it in the first place called a person an idiot, fool, or stupid? Ever (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to God who judges our earthly life and determines where we will spend Even had revenge cross your mind? eternity;repaying evilbeing eternally upon a person who has hurt you,in Heaven or eternally Like either for evil or insult for insult present with Him your family, or your friend(s)? An eye separated from His presence ineye and a(Luke a16:19-31). Do not take your for an Hell tooth for tooth?chances! Do not trust in what man tells a person? Past or present? What does God Do you bear a grudge against you (Isaiah 2:22). have toabout thoughts of aborting your new born baby? This applies to both the mother and fatherwhat’s What say about salvation and going to Heaven? That’s of that child! important! Do you support pro-choice (the belief that women have the right to decide over her own body and have an abortion if she chooses)? Do you work at an abortion clinic now or in the past (i.e. Planned Parenthood)? What about thoughts of taking your own life because you couldn’t face life anymore? Ever euthanized (or even had thoughts about it) a close friend, spouse, or family member who was suffering from pain, mental degeneration, or any adverse condition in hopes of ending their misery? Do you like to play violent video games (i.e. shooter, survival horror, fantasy, role-playing, fighting games, and etc.) ? Do you like to watch violent movies or television shows (i.e. horror, thriller, action movies, and etc)? Do you like to watch people brutally beat each other up (UFC, King of the Cage, WWF, MTV’s Bully Beatdown, and etc)? Do you like to listen to music that endorses violence (i.e. death metal, rap, punk rock, and etc)?
10. If you’re married, do you keep the marriage bed pure and undefiled?Your soul,Or do you seek lives on forever! add a little excitement of thing found in the however, out multiple partners to There is no such thrill to your marriage? Scriptures you’re a man, do you like the thought (the soul ceases to exist in the If that teaches annihilation of having multiple wives (a.k.a. polygamy)? afterlife), purgatory (a placehad your friends or family throw a bachelor or bachelorette party Prior to your wedding day, ever in the afterlife that where people get their involving a stripper or a group of strippers? sins purge before entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to the world as a form of another person, plant, or an animal), or a soulsex? If you’re single, do you keep yourself pure and abstain from pornography or having unfinished business lusted after a(that is your heart? What about upon the face about If you’re a man, ever on earth woman in a soul lingering another man? What ofthe earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our soul belongs to God both? who gave it in the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; What about another woman? What If you’re a woman, ever lusted after a man in your heart? Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to about both? God who judges our earthly life and determines where we will spend eternity; either being eternally apresent withchurch, inaHeaven or eternally a Whether going to a store, a party, club, at work, at Him at family gathering, looking at magazine, watching television, watching a movie, or looking at pornography online? separated from His presence in Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do not take yourchances! DoIfnot trust in what man tells men other than your husband or boyfriend?God you’re a man, do you like to flirt with you (Isaiah 2:22). What does have to If you’re a woman, do you like and going to Heaven? That’s what’s say about salvation to flirt with women other than your wife or girlfriend? important! If you’re a woman, do you dress modestly or do you like to dress in a such a way that will attract men to you? If you’re a guy, do you dress modestly or do you like to dress in such a way that will attract women to you? Have you always been faithful to your wife or husband? Have you always been faithful to your boyfriend or girlfriend? Or did you have an affair without him or her even knowing about it? Ever divorced your spouse without a legitimate reason (in this case if it involved in an affair) so you can remarry? If you’re a woman, do you like to read romantic novels? Do you fantasize your favorite parts in the book? Do you talk to your friends, family, co-workers about your favorite romantic novels? Do you have a stash of porn magazines at home that nobody knows about?
11. Ever went into a porn shop to look around or to buy something or at least thought of going to one? Ever visited a strip club or at least thought of going to one?Ever visited a massage parlor only to expect a “happy ending”? This applies to both men and women, married or single! Ever tell dirty jokes to your family, friends, or co-workers that are XXX-rated? Ever send emails or picture phone messages to your friends, family, co-workers that involved porn?Do you have a secret sexual fetish or fantasy that you desire that nobody knows about? Ever came out of the closet in letting people know or are you ashamed of telling it to people? Do you practice this secret sexual fetish when no one is around? Do you share this secret sexual fetish with your wife, husband, boyfriend, or girlfriend? Ever had sex outside of marriage with your girlfriend or boyfriend or at least thought of it? Do you have always dream about sex?When you throw a party for friends or are invited to a friend’s party, ever play sex party games such as “Truth or Dare”, “Spin The Bottle”, “Strip Poker”, “Dirty Minds”, “Sexy Dice Game”, and etc?Ever had sex chats on social media sites and forums online? This applies to both men and women, single and married! If you’re a woman, have you ever sold your body for money (i.e. prostitution and stripping)? This applies to both single and married women!If you’re a man, have you paid to have sex with a prostitute? Whether in the states or overseas? This applies to both married and single men!If you’re a man, ever visited a coffee shop only to see the women who work there wear bikinis? This applies to both married and single men!If you’re a man, ever went to Hooters by yourself, with your friends, or with your family members in order to see the women who work there wear skimpy clothing? This applies to both married and single men! Do you like to watch shows on television that advertises soft-porn? Do you like to watch fantasy football where girls play football in their lingerie?
12. Ever stolen anything? Ever shop-lifted at a store or had thoughts about it? It doesn’t matter if it was a big orYour soul, however,item! It doesn’t mater ifThere is no or expensive item! small lives on forever! it was a cheap such thing found in the Scriptures that teaches annihilation (the soul ceases to exist in the Ever pick-pocketed someone before? afterlife), purgatory (a place in the afterlife that where people get their sins purge before entering Heaven), or train station, mall, restaurant, and etc?the Whether on the street, a store, subway reincarnation (coming back to world as a form of anotherinto a home plant, orhad thoughts about it? soul having Ever broken person, or at least an animal), or a unfinished business on earth (that is a soul lingering upon the face of Ever dumpster dived illegally?the earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our soul belongs to God who gave it in the firstitplace (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to Whether was your neighbor’s trash or a company dumpster? God who judges our earthly life and determines where we will spend Ever aided or assisted someone who was a thief? Either to protect him/her from eternity; either being eternally present with Him he/she stole? or eternally punishment or knowingly sharing in what in Heaven separated taken advantage of a person to entice them to have sex with only totake their Ever from His presence in Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do not steal yourchances! Do not trust in what man tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does God virginity? have to peopleabout money from you, do you chargeHeaven? That’s what’s to When say borrow salvation and going to high interest and expect them important! pay you back? Ever cheated on your taxes? Ever refused to pay your bills when they are due? Ever taken money from your friends or family members without them knowing about it? Have you borrowed money from a friend or family member but didn’t pay them back? What about borrowing an item that belonged to them but didn’t return it? Ever downloaded video games, movies, programs, and music online for free that you didn’t pay for? Even to the point of burning it on CD’s and DVD’s to sell it for profit?
13. If you own a company, have you withheld your employee’s wages or promotions out of selfishness?Your soul, however, lives on forever! There is no such thing found in the Scriptures that teaches in embezzling money (i.e. charity, stocks, and etc)? the Ever involved annihilation (the soul ceases to exist in afterlife), purgatory someone’s wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to access the internet? Ever used (a place in the afterlife that where people get their sins purge before gotten free-cable using a “black box” to avoid paying forback to the Ever entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming cable? world as a form of another person, plant, or an animal), or a soul having unfinished committed identity theft (that personal loans and purchase goods using another Ever business on earth to get is a identity? person’s soul lingering upon the face ofthe earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our soul belongs to God Ever counterfeited checks and money to purchase things at a store? who gave it in the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to God who judgesanything at worklife and determines where supplies, time, a co- Ever stolen our earthly (i.e. company merchandise, office we will spend eternity; either worker’seternally present with their hardHeaven or eternally being credit or commendation for Him in work, and etc?) separated from His presence in Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do not take your Ever patented an idea that someone else invented?chances! Do notatrust inidea or work that others wrote without crediting the source (i.e. for Ever taken person’s what man tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does God have to say about salvation schoolgoing to Heaven? That’s what’s a and essay or project)? important! Ever got involved in an illegal pyramid or “get rich” schemes? Ever kept property you have found and made no effort to find the owner (i.e. phone, backpack, portable game console, luggage, wallet, credit card, check book, money, and etc.)? Have you ever taken money from the collection plate at church? Have you withheld giving your resources (money, clothing, and food) to the poor and needy? If you’re a Christian, have you withheld anything from God (i.e. giving, tithes, serving in the church, serving in a ministry or outreach, and etc)?
14. Do you always tell the truth? Or do you always or sometimes tell a lie?Your soul, however, yourself out offorever!impress others, no such thing found in the Like getting lives on trouble, to There is to harm others, or to gain an Scriptures that teaches annihilation (the soul ceases to exist in the advantage? afterlife), purgatory (a place ina the afterlife that where people get their Ever told “white lie” to cover the truth? sins purge before entering Heaven),“half-truths”? Ever told reincarnation (coming back to the world as a form of another Ever told a lieplant,of thean animal), or a soul having person, in front or court? unfinished business on earthcalled in sick a soul lingering upon the face of Ever (that is when you’re not?the earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our soul belongs to God Ever sold counterfeit or knock off items or goods and convinced people that they’re who gave it in the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to buying the real deal? God who judges our earthly phone and determinesinto giving you money? spend Ever involved in internet or life scams to deceive people where we will eternity; either being eternally present with damage in Heaven or eternally Ever made false statements about a person to Him their reputation? separated from gossip presence in talking about the faults and mistakes of not take your Ever His or take pleasure in Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do others?chances! Do not trust in what man tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does God Do you like to spread rumors about your friends, family, co-workers, and even those at have to say about salvation andchurch? to Heaven? That’s what’s going important! Ever kept quiet when knowing the truth? Have you ever made flattering statements to a person in which you didn’t mean it from the heart? Do you put on a front to make a person think of you differently from what is true? Have you deceived people into buying something that they don’t need? Were your motives for selfish and dishonest gain? Have you been faithful in keeping the secrets of anothers heart entrusted to you in confidence? Have you ever broken a promise that you made to someone? If you’re a Christian, ever made a promise to God only knowing you were not going to keep it?
15. Ever coveted (excessively desired) something that belonged to someone else?Your soul,you ever envied someone on forever! There is no such man’s wife, anotherin the Have however, lives because of what they possess (i.e. car, another thing found Scriptures that teachesbeauty or physique, a(thepaying job, promotion, or exist in the woman’s husband, house, annihilation good soul ceases to talent)? afterlife), purgatory (athinking “if onlylife happy”? that, Ill be where people get their Ever found yourself saying or place in the afterlife that satisfied” or “this will make my I had this or sins purge before entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to the Do you find yourself buying things that are “your wants” but not “your needs”? world as a form of another person, plant, or an animal), or a soul having unfinishedcontent with what you earthdo you desirea soul lingering upon have now? of Are you business on have or (that is to have more than that which you the facethe earth if Do you love money? tragically). about? Dowe think it’ll bring you happiness? to God he/she died Is it all you think Once you die, our soul belongs who gave it your the first place computer, game console, cruise,Ezekiel(i.e. a car, house, boat, to Ever entered in name in a contest or a sweepstake in hopes of12:7; something 18:4). It is up motorcycle, private jet, money, (Ecclesiastes winning paid vacation, and etc). God who judges our earthly life and determines where we will spend Ever been selfish in not giving money or items to those who are in need? eternity; either being eternally present with Him in Heaven or eternally separated from His presence in youra family member or spouse to collect not takea your Ever had premeditated thoughts about killing insurance policy Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do or will to an inheritance? money from lifechances! Do not trust in pyramid or “get rich schemes” in(Isaiah 2:22). What does God Ever got involved in illegal what man tells you hope of making money on the side? have to say about salvationselfish gain and notto Heaven? others? what’s Ever invested in stocks for and going for the benefit of That’s important! Do you like to hoard items in your home or at work? Ever gambled before? Like playing Poker, Slots, Pull-tabs, Craps, Bingo, Roulette, Horse-racing, and Keno for money online or at a Casino? Ever got yourself involved in sports betting pools with your friends, co-workers, or family members in hopes of winning the pot? Ever played the lottery in hopes of winning some or a lot of money? During the holidays, are you one of those who camps or sits outside of the stores at night for the stores to open their doors in the early mornings, waiting to get the latest gadget or gift for yourself, a family member, or a friend?
16. You’re probably wondering why I asked you all these questions and may think I’ve been a bit extreme, but in my own words, I have brought you to God’s moral Law, the Ten Commandments!Your So, how however, livespass the test? Were you honestno such thing found in the soul, did you do? Did you on forever! There is with all your answers? Can you Scripturesjudge you basedall that God required? Let’s just say if you were todie now, and the honestly admit you’ve kept God were to that teaches the Ten Commandments on Judgment Day, to you think you on annihilation (the soul ceases do exist in if afterlife), purgatory (a guilty? Whenthe compare yourself towhere people get their will be declared innocent or place in you afterlife that other people, you may think you are a very good person. Comparing yourself to other people doesn’t mean nothing to God. sins purgeisbeforewill be judged based on Gods standard (the Ten Commandments), not to the The truth that we entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back our world break allend, it of another what you say, it’s what God says that matters! a soul having own. In the to as a form laws to be a lawbreaker. It takes only or anviolate His commandments! have these doesn’t matter person, plant, one to animal), or You dont You unfinished business on your heart that you have kept lingering upon the broke of may have justified yourself in earth (that is a soul some of those laws and yet face one but it still makes you a guilty sinner who has broken all of His commandments!the earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our soul belongs to God who gave itwhoever shall keep the whole law, and2:10). 12:7; Ezekiel he is guilty of up to "....For in the first place (Ecclesiastes all" (James yet stumble in one point, 18:4). It is God who judges our earthly life and determines where we will spend eternity; either being eternally present called sin (1 JohnHeaven or eternally Breaking God’s commandment is with Him in 3:4). separated from His presence in Hell (Luke Piper defined sin as: not take your One esteemed pastor by the name of John 16:19-31). Dochances! Do not trust in what glory of tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does God •The man God not honored. •The holiness of God not reverenced. have to say about salvation and God not admired. •The greatness of going to Heaven? That’s what’s important! •The power of God not praised. •The truth of God not sought. •The wisdom of God not esteemed. •The beauty of God not treasured. •The goodness of God not savored. •The faithfulness of God not trusted. •The commandments of God not obeyed. •The justice of God not respected. •The wrath of God not feared. •The grace of God not cherished. •The presence of God not prized. •The person of God not loved.
17. The Ten Commandments reflect Gods standard of holiness for everyone. Since God is the universal authority of moral conduct, all of humanity is subject to His standards. According to the Bible, no one isYour soul, however, lives on forever! There is no such thing found in the exempt from Gods Law (Romans 3:19). Some say that the Ten Commandments do not apply to them, since they did not grow up with "religion”. However, the scriptures reveal that the requirements of the Law are Scriptures that teaches annihilation (the soul ceases to exist in the written on our hearts (Romans 2:25). God created the Ten Commandments to reveal that the hearts of men are exceedingly sinful and no one can ever live up to His standards of perfection (Romans 3:20; Romans afterlife), purgatory (a place in the afterlife that where people get their 7:7). However, some are tempted to lower those standards and tell themselves that He is satisfied with almost anything. Many people “do their own thing” and say that it’s good enough for God. Others try to sins purge before entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to the elevate God’s standards to please Him by selecting some good works that they think will get His attention. Even some people will appeal to a moral standard of conduct that they themselves don’t live up to. The fact world as a form of another person, plant, or an animal), or a soul having is that God rejects all human righteousness. unfinished business on earth (that it fora soul lingering upon the face of Why? He rejects is many reasons:the earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our soul belongs to God •Human righteousness is external; you may be able to change your actions but you cannot change your who gave it in the firstGod can change and judges the intentionsEzekiel 18:4). It is up to heart (only place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; of the heart). God •who judges our earthly of Godand determines where we will spend Human righteousness steals the glory life and glorifies man. It draws attention to your ability to eternity; eitherchange, andeternally present with Him in Heaven or eternally being you compliment yourself for the good things you’ve done. separated from His presencedownmore saint-likeItthan the rest! and makes you superior, •Human righteousness results in looking in Hell others. often condemns Do not take your more holier, and upon (Luke 16:19-31).chances! Do not trust in what man tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does God •Human righteousness is inferior to God’s righteousness. You cannot come to God just in His sight let alone have to say righteous efforts to justifyand going to Heaven? That’s what’s your about salvation you as being righteous. To Him, it is an insult! important! •Human righteousness is like filthy rags to Him! Can you think of anything that is vile, sick, dirty, corrupt, filthy, and putrid on earth? Well…… That’s how God views our self-righteous deeds! •Human righteousness cannot pay for your past, present, and future sins. •Human righteousness doesn’t lead to humility and repentance! •Human righteousness results in self-deception! You become “like God”! You decide what’s acceptable and right in your own eyes! •Human righteousness results in pride and arrogance which God hates. •Human righteousness is of the Devil! The Devil likes to deceive people to think there’s another way to reach God and that is by their self-righteous deeds! •Human righteousness refuses the provision that God has already provided since the foundation of the world through the work and person of the Savior Jesus Christ (which we discuss later)!
18. There are many who make the mistake of thinking they will get into Heaven because of good deeds they have done. Sadly, that wouldnt make a person justified in Gods sight. The Bible says otherwise that:Your soul, "......and all of our righteousness (that is good works) are as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6). however, lives on forever! There is no such thing found in the Scripturesrighteous, my mouth will condemn me; though I am guiltless, He will to existguiltythe "Though I am that teaches annihilation (the soul ceases declare me in (Job 9:20). afterlife), purgatory (a place in the afterlife that where people get their sins purge before will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law" (Romans 3:20).to the "Therefore no one entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back world as awe maintain that a man is person,faith apart or an animal), or a soul having "For form of another justified by plant, from observing the law" (Romans 3:28). unfinishedAbraham was justifiedearth (that is a soul lingering upon the face of "For if business on by works, he has something to boast about, but not toward God" (Romans 4:2).the earth if he/she died tragically). Once we die, our soul belongs to God "Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they who gave it in the firstnot submit(Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to did place to Gods righteousness" (Romans 10:3). God whonot nullify the grace of God, forlife and determines wherethen Christ died "I do judges our earthly if righteousness comes through the Law, we will spend eternity; either being eternally present with Him in Heaven or eternally needlessly”. (Galatians 2:21). separated from Hisapresence in Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do2:16). take your "Know that man is not justified by observing the law......." (Galatians notchances! Do not trust in what man tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does God "For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse" (Galatians 3:10). have to say about one is justified before God by the law........" (GalatiansThat’s what’s "Clearly no salvation and going to Heaven? 3:11). important! “You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace” (Galatians 5:4). “And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace” (Romans 11:6). "For the law made nothing perfect....." (Hebrews 7:19). “There is a kind who is pure in his own eyes, yet is not washed from his filthiness” (Proverbs 30:12). “All a mans ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD” (Proverbs 16:2). “They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good” (Titus 1:16). “He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in Gods sight” (Luke 16:15).
19. God demands perfection, holiness and righteousness but the Bible tells us we cannot uphold such standards. Why?Your soul, however, lives on forever! There is no such thing found in the Because the Bible tells us that: Scriptures that teaches annihilation (the soul ceases to exist in the afterlife), purgatory (a is NONE righteous, no not one" (Romans 3:10). people get their "There place in the afterlife that where sins purge before entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to the "There is NONE that doeth good, no not one," (Romans 3:12). world as a form ofhave sinned and come short of theor an animal), or3:23). "For ALL another person, plant, glory of God," (Romans a soul having unfinished business on earth (that is one man, and death through sin, andface of “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through a soul lingering upon the in thisthe earth if he/she death came to all men, Once we die, our soul belongs to God way died tragically). because all sinned” (Romans 5:12). who gave as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners…..” 18:4). It is up to “For it in the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel (Romans 5:19). God Can a mortal be more righteous than God? Can a man be more pure than weMaker? (Job who judges our earthly life and determines where his will spend eternity; either being eternally present with Him in Heaven or eternally 4:17). separated Ifromthat this is true. But in Hella(Luke be righteous before God?” take your "Indeed, know His presence how can mortal 16:19-31). Do not (Job 9:2).chances! Do not a man be righteous man God? How can one born of woman be pure?" (Job God "How then can trust in what before tells you (Isaiah 2:22). What does have to say about salvation and going to Heaven? That’s what’s 25:4). important! "All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one" (Psalms 14:3). "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me" (Psalms 51:5). “Everyone has turned away, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one” (Psalm 53:3). "....for no one living is righteous before you" (Psalms 143:2). "Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin"? (Proverbs 20:9). "There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins" (Ecclesiastes 7:20). "For we are ALL as an unclean thing....." (Isaiah 64:6).
20. Here’s another example to give you an illustration. Let’s just say you were guilty of terrible crimes in a civil court and said to the judge, “Judge, I am guilty, but I believe Your soul,you are a goodlivesand will therefore overlook my crimes”. The judge would in the that however, man on forever! There is no such thing found probably respond by saying, “You are right about one thing; I am a good man, and Scriptures that my goodness that I am going(the soul ceasesdone, that you the it’s because of teaches annihilation to see that justice is to exist in afterlife), purgatory crimes”. The very thing that many are hoping peoplethem on are punished for your (a place in the afterlife that where will save get their Judgment Day, God’s goodness, will be the very thing that will condemn them. sins purge before entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to the world as a form of another person, If God is truly good and just, He must plant, liars, murderers, rapists, thieves,having punish or an animal), or a soul adulterers, fornicators, drunkards, blasphemers, and those who have lived in rebellion to unfinished business on earth (that is a soul lingering upon the face of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Revelation 21:8). The penalty for rebellion against God is the earth if he/she died tragically). Once we to what Hell is. These beliefs can eternity in Hell. Many people have their own belief as die, our soul belongs to God be influenced by religious teachings, books, and movies. However, the truth about Hell who gave it be found first placeThe Bible reveals it to be a literal place and not some to can only in the in the Bible. (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up God who judges our earthly life andIt was prepared originally wethe devil and place of human imagination or a scare tactic. determines where for will spend his angels who rebelled against God (Matthew 25:41) but is now the place where the souls eternity; either being eternally present with Him in Heaven or eternally of the wicked are punished also! God created Hell for that very purpose. separated from His presence in Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do not take your chances! Do not trust in what man tells youis a real place where the wicked will experience: Hell is considered in the Bible a real place of: Hell (Isaiah 2:22). What does God have to say about salvation and going to Heaven? That’s what’s•Everlasting fire (Matthew18:8, Matthew 25:41). •Weeping (Matthew 8:12). •Everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46). •Wailing (Matthew 13:42). •Everlasting chains (Jude 1:6). important! •Gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:50). •Everlasting destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:9). •Darkness (Matthew 25:30). •Eternal damnation (Mark 3:29). •Flames (Luke 16:24). •Eternal judgment (Hebrews 6:2). •Burning (Isaiah 33:14). •Eternal fire (Jude 1:7). •Eternal Torments (Luke 16:23). •Unquenchable fire (Matthew 3:12). •Eternal Agony (Luke 16:24). •The fire that never shall be quenched •No way of escape (Luke 16:26). (Mark 9:43-48). •No mercy from God (Luke 16:24). •Fire unquenchable (Luke 3:17). •No second chances (Luke 16:25). •Shame and everlasting contempt (Daniel 12:2). •No comfort (Luke 16:25).•The mist of darkness is reserved forever (2 Peter •Thirst unquenched (Luke 16:24). 2:17). •Eternal separation from God’s presence •The blackness of darkness forever (Jude 1:13). (Matthew 7:21-23; Matthew 25:41). •Everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46).
21. Some take light of Hell often mocking it or thinking it’s not such a bad place to go. Yet,Yourthe suffering go Hell God be beyond anything There death ofsuch thingafound in the soul, however,will doesnt take pleasure in the is no the wicked (Ezekiel 18:23; for anyone to in and lives on forever! humanly imaginable! It is not good place Scriptures that teaches annihilation33:11). soul ceases to exist in the 32; Ezekiel (the afterlife), purgatory (a place thisthe afterlife that where people get their Just think of it in way (in a human perspective): sins purge before entering Heaven), reincarnation (coming back to the world as a allworstofWell… compare that nightmare Everan animal), or akeep you up Ever had a form nightmare youperson, plant, and timesthat nightmare soul having night? another will never forget? or had that by a trillion! unfinished business on earth (that is a soul lingering upon the face ofthe earth if he/she diedCompare that fear and What are you afraid of? belongs to God Or how about your worst fear? Well….. tragically). Once we die,by a trillion! times that our soul who gave it in the first place (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Ezekiel 18:4). It is up to God who judges worstearthly life and determines where Hell! will spend Better yet, your our nightmare terrifying to even go there! horrible and and worst fear cannot compare to we It’s that eternity; either being eternally present with Him in Heaven or eternally separated from His presenceHe sendsHim in the first place.truth persontakehas Many think God is unfair because themselves there because they didn’t in want people there but the The is, people send Hell (Luke 16:19-31). Do not who yourchances! Do not trust in what man tells you (Isaiahthe afterlife. If there’s noGod such an rebellious attitude will also reflect his/her attitude in 2:22). What does repentance and faith, it is sin that leads a person straight to Hell! Perhaps you may think have to say aboutthat God would do such a thing. Heaven? That’s judged so its too harsh or unfair salvation and going to However, your sin is what’s important! severely because you sinned against a Holy God who gave you the breath of life, who brought you into this world, who fearfully and wonderfully made you, who provided for you your daily provisions in life, who has given you good health in your body, who has blessed you with all the things you have in your possession (both in the past and present), who gave you things in life to enjoy, who gave you friends and family to love and be loved, who gave you a mind to fill it with knowledge, who gave you a conscious to know right from wrong, and who gave you an entire life to repent. Doesn’t matter if you’ve committed a little sin or a big sin and if you don’t repent, you’ll end up in Hell. In God’s sight, sin is sin! One sin is an eternal crime to Him! Why is it an eternal crime? Because God is infinite and sin must be punished infinitely! This makes man who is finite not able to pay for his/her sin through his/her good works (which are finite) because his/her righteousness doesn’t have infinite value and God will not accept a bribe that is filthy, corrupt, and sinful! Good deeds will not help you escape judgment because the Law has already been broken.
22. Although we deserve to "...be punished with everlasting destruction..." (2 Thessalonians 1:9), God made a way that we could beforgiven and to reconcile sinful men back to Him. He sent His Beloved Son, Jesus, who is fully man and fully God, who was born of a virgin, who became the sin-bearer for sinful men, who became a perfect sacrifice to atone for our sins, who came to destroy theworks of the devil, and took the punishment we justly deserve upon the cross. After He was crucified and buried, He physically rose from the dead and is the first to have a resurrected and glorified body (which no man has ever done or ever seen before). "...Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). He obeyed every command of His Father perfectly. He fulfilled all righteousness that the Law required (Matthew 3:15; John 19:30; Romans 10:4). He is the only good person who ever lived a perfect and sinless life and Hepleased God! Although we were eternally in debt to God because of our sins, God paid that debt for us through Jesus (because man is finite and that Jesus, who is God in the flesh, can only pay that eternal debt of sin). So quit working and start trusting! It is notwhat you can do that will save you, but what Christ has done. We were guilty before the eyes of the Lord but Jesus paid the fine for you and for me. Even though God, who is holy, righteous, and just, wanted justice to be served because we were guilty for breakingHis laws, He displayed His love and mercy by sending His Son who is sinless to take the penalty and pay the fine in full on our behalf as if He sinned! A legal transaction was given to us freely and anyone can receive forgiveness only through repentance of sins and believing on the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! His precious blood was poured out and His body broken on the cross to free us from the curse of the Law and to break the power of sin in our lives! How good and righteous God is! “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" (Titus 3:5). Do you believe in Him alone, or do you trust in yourself (via good works) or your religion? If you want to be free from sin and eternal Hell, then you must have..."repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21). Trust in Jesus Christ who died for your sins and rose from the dead. Repentance is a "change of mind". Its turning away from yoursinful ways (that is departing from every kind of evil) and hating to commit them again. Turn away from lying, lusting, blaspheming, coveting, stealing, idolatry, adultery, murder, fornicating, and/or any other sin(s) that have put you in spiritual bondage. Trust in Jesus Christ alone to save you because "....salvation is of the Lord" (Jonah 2:9). There is no other name that can save you! Not Muhammad, not Mary, not Moses, not Abraham, not Peter, not Paul, not Ghandi, not the Pope, not any Catholic nun or priest both living and dead who are highly esteemed by the Catholic church, not Moroni, not Joseph Smith (founder of Mormonism), not the President or any governmental official, not Ellen G. White (founder of Seventh Day Adventist), not Charles Taze Russell (founder of Jehovah’s Witnesses), not Albert Pike (33rd Degree Mason who is highly esteemed by the Free-Masons), not your parents, not Buddha, not Meitreya, not the 12th Imam, not Krishna or any other Hindu god, and etc (Acts 4:12). The only Jesus to trust is the Jesus of the Bible and no the other Jesus’ portrayed in cults and world religions! You cannot be saved through the Jesus of Islam, the Jesus of the Jehovah’s Witness, the Jesus of the Mormons (Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), the Jesus of Roman Catholicism, or the Jesus of Universal Unitarianism, and etc. Jesus Christ of the Bible is the way, the truth, and the life and no man can come to the Father but by Him alone (John 14:6). Anything that contradicts the Jesus of the Bible is another gospel and is another Jesus (Galatians 1:8; 2 Corinthians 11:4). Trust in Him more than you would a parachute if you were to jump from a plane that was flying at 25,000 feet. Trust in Him more than a seat belt that will save your life in a car accident. Trust in Him more than a life vest that will save you from drowning in a body of water. Trust in Him more than a firefighter who will rescue you from a burning building. Do the same and more with Jesus; trust in Him alone for the forgiveness of your sins and the penalty He paid for you.
23. If someone truly repents and receives Christ as Lord and Savior of their souls, they will havenew affections and desires in wanting to serve Him, obey His commands, follow Him, live a life pleasing to Christ, get baptized, etc. as a result of being saved, a solid evidence of a changed life (in Christ)--not to become saved. It’s not because one works in order to be saved, it’s one who works because he/she is saved. Eternal life and grace is a free gift of God. Salvation is achieved by Christ’s atonement, not by our own attainment. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23). "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).If you truly do repent and trust in the Lord, God will save you and He will transform you. Don’t think you have to get your act together or come clean before you accept Christ! Christ will accept you the way that you are! He accepts all who humbly come to Him to be saved fromtheir sins and He will forgive them all! He will change you from the inside and out! He will give you a new heart and a new spirit. He will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26). Notice that the verse says you and not yourself! "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all long- suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law" (Galatians 5:22-23). After God has saved and changed you, read, study, obey, and meditate on the Bible daily. "As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby" (1 Peter 2:2). Find a church that doesnt hold fast to man-made traditions but holds fast to the Bible, where the pastor only preaches from the Bible alone and believes it to be divinely inspired, inerrant,infallible, sufficient, and authoritative, where you can have fellowship with other believers who love and accept you no matter who you are, and who can guide you to spiritually mature in your walk and faith in the Lord. When given an opportunity, share your faith in Christ withothers and be prepared to give a man an answer to the hope that lies in you (Colossians 4:16; 1 Peter 3:15-16). Do it gently and loving so they may not think of you as condemning. Remember that you will be faced with rejection so be patient when you share it with others. Ittakes time (may take even years) so trust and pray that God will convict them of the truth andaccept His free gift of salvation and grace in Jesus Christ. You’re only there to plant and water the seed (which is the Word of God) in the hearts of others and God alone determines the growth (converts the heart-1 Corinthians 3:7).
24. Once you’re saved, you will no longer desire to sin but that you’ll desire to please God to sin-less. Although a Christian will have their struggles with sin, God will give His Spirit to help theindividual to overcome sin in His life. Although one who is saved by grace shouldn’t persist in sin but live a pure, blameless, holy, and righteous life in Jesus Christ. Remember, every-time you sin (disobey God), You become a transgressor of the Law (1 John 3:4). •You fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). •You separate yourself (which is spiritual death) from God (Isaiah 59:2). •You become shameful (Genesis 3:7; Ezra 9:6). •You refuse to listen to Gods truth (Jeremiah 11:10; Jeremiah 35:17). •You offend Him who alone is holy, righteous, faithful, and just (Psalms 51:4). •You become guilty in His sight (Psalms 38:4; Ezra 9:6). •You become a slave to sin (John 8:34; Romans 6:16). •You become a child of the devil if you persist in sin (1 John 3:8). •You reap corruption (Galatians 6:8). •You walk in spiritual darkness and don’t practice the truth (1 John 1:6). •You’re a liar and the truth is not in you (1 John 2:4). •You don’t know Him nor seen Him if you persist in it (1 John 3:6). •You grieve His spirit who sealed you for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30). •You quench the work of the Holy Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19). •You take light of salvation (Hebrews 2:3). •You trample Christ the Son of God underfoot (Hebrews 10:29). •You insult the Holy Spirit (Hebrews 10:29). •You treat the blood of the covenant that Christ shed to sanctify you as an unholy thing (Hebrews 10:29). •You crucify Christ the Son of God over again (Hebrews 6:6). •You subject Christ to public disgrace (Hebrews 6:6). •You abuse the grace of God (Romans 6:1; Romans 6:15).•You turn the grace of God into immorality and deny Jesus Christ who is sovereign and Lord (Jude 1:4).
25. If you are one who simply doesn’t believe, either because you’re angry atGod for life’s circumstances or looking for substantial evidence to supportthe Bible, or trying to find a logical explanation for everything, or one who rejects the Gospel message because you think your religion (whatever it may be) has all the answers and in turn will lead you to God, or one whoclaims to be a Christian but has been backsliding from the faith and livingfor the world and persisting in sin, I admonish you to turn to God today by believing in Jesus Christ that He is truly the Son of God, that He is God manifested in the flesh (incarnation), that He is the sinless and perfectsacrifice for your sins, that He was delivered over to death for your sins as well as mine by shedding His blood and experiencing excruciating pain in His body being nailed to the cross for the forgiveness of sins, that He rose on the third day for our justification (His work to be credited to our account and be declared righteous in Gods sight-Romans 4:25), that He took upon Himself Gods wrath so that we may not experience it (the wrath of God being Hell-1 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:9), that we may become Gods children instead of the devil (John 1:12), that we may be freed from the devils power of death and inherit eternal life (Hebrews 2:14), and that He reconciled us unto God and no longer be His enemies (Romans 5:10; 2 Corinthians 5:18), and that we may be with Him in Heaven forever (Luke 23:43; John 12:26; John 14:3). One who believes in Christ and repent of His sins is one worthy of going to Heaven. Not by His works but His faith is accounted for as righteousness. Thatrighteousness is Christ’s righteousness! He imputes that righteousness! As one person put it, Hell is eternity in the presence of God without a mediator. Heaven is eternity in the presence of God, with a mediator (Jesus Christ).
26. What will Heaven be like? You say?•In Heaven, we will have an imperishable (not to decay in age or sickness again), unblemished (no defects or abnormalities), and incorruptible (we will never be corrupted or affected by sin) body other than the body we have now on earth. God will make it eternal so that it may withstand eternity. This will be the promise to all who come in faith in Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:42-44)! •In Heaven, there will be no sin, suffering, sorrow, or pain (Revelation 21:4). We will never do anything to displease God. There will be no persecution, division, disunity, or hate.•In Heaven, there will be no quarrels or disagreements. There will be no disappointments. There will be no weeping because there will be nothing to make us sad (Revelation 7:17).•We will then know perfect pleasure. Psalms 16:11 says, "In Your presence is fullness of joy; atyour right hand are pleasures forevermore". Everything that now makes us groan will finally be done away with, and we will find ourselves in the very presence of God, where the purest and truest kind of pleasure is possible. •In Heaven, we will also have perfect knowledge. Paul writes, "Then I shall know just as I also am known" (1 Cor. 13:12). We will have no more unanswered questions, no confusion, no ignorance, and no more need to walk by faith rather than by sight. •We will live in perfect comfort. We will never experience one uncomfortable moment. •We will finally know perfect love. We will love God perfectly and will be loved perfectly by Him for all eternity. His love will engulf us forever. In Heaven, we will only be worshipping and praising Him because He is a good and just God!•We could summarize by saying that Heaven is a place of perfect joy. Think of it this way; we will finally be perfectly free from evil forever. We will never again have a selfish desire or utter useless words. We will never perform another unkind deed or think a sinful thought. We will be perfectly liberated from our captivity to sin, and finally able to do that which is absolutely righteous, holy, and perfect before God. With sin and its effects erased forever, it will be a life of unimaginable blessing! In a nutshell, Heaven is a place of the "no mores"!
27. Confess and repent of your sins today and dont wait until tomorrow (Matthew 3:2; Matthew 4:17; Mark 1:15; Acts 17:30)! You may never know that tomorrow will be too late for you to call upon Him! “And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man”…… (Genesis 6:3). Dont brag about tomorrow, since you dont know what the day will bring" (Proverbs 27:1). "Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money. “Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:13-14). “The harvest is past, and the summer is ended, and we’re not saved” (Jeremiah 8:20). “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom” (Psalms 90:12). "Show me, O LORD, my lifes end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life” (Psalms 39:4). “How shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation”….? (Hebrews 2:3). “And as it is appointed unto men once to die but after this the Judgment” (Hebrews 9:27). Don’t delay your salvation. Tomorrow is not promised and next week may never come. Don’t take your time in this life forgranted! Life isn’t certain to God, but it is uncertain to us! We can’t outrun death, but we can run to God. Call upon Him now while you still have time!"For he says, "At the right time I heard you, and on a day of salvation I helped you." Listen, now is really the "right time"! Now is the "day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2)! "Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near" (Isaiah 55:6). "....Today if you hear his voice, dont harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7)."Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool” (Isaiah 1:18). "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved“ (Romans 10:9-10). Christ is the only way you can get to Heaven! He is the only one who can give you eternal life! Its His work (the cross) and not ours that God is pleased with! Seek Him now and know Him as Lord and Savior, seek Him later, youll know Him as Judge!
28. Please consider and repent of yourof love andand dont of condemnation! I’m not sayingMatthew 4:17; Mark 1:15; Confess these words out sins today not out wait until tomorrow (Matthew 3:2; that I’m perfect andholier than you just because I’m may never know that tomorrow will be too the truth ofto call upon Him! Acts 17:30)! You saved, born again, and now telling you late for you the Gospel! Everythingthat Ive said applies to me as well. Like the apostle Paul, I consider myself a chief among all sinnersbecause I’ve committed every evil and vile since you dont could’ve imagined.will bring" (Proverbs 27:1). “Dont brag about tomorrow, thing anyone know what the day Before you even reject this,please hear me out for these words come from the bottom of my heart. I speak only the truth in love and in "Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry ongentleness. Perhaps it can convince you to come to Christ and not live the life that I once lived. business and make money. “Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:13-14).Before I was even saved, I use to trust in my own good works and always thought of myself as a good personworthy to go to Heaven. I never had a and the summer is ended, and we’reInot saved” confronted in defending “The harvest is past, biblical concept about God and If was ever (Jeremiah 8:20).my faith, I wouldn’t know how to defend my beliefs and why I believed them. Growing up, I didn’t do drugsor alcohol, I attended Catholic mass our days, thatrespected my parents and elders, I did(Psalms 90:12). “So teach us to number frequently, I we may apply our hearts unto wisdom” my chores when Iwas told to do it, I had good grades in school, I gave to the poor when the opportunity came along, and etc.I’ve always compared myself with lifes end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my was very "Show me, O LORD, my other people. Judging other people rather than judging myself. I life”prideful and arrogant and only cared for myself. Everything39:4). (Psalms seemed fine to me, however, that all changed asI came to know the truth of the Gospel! It revealed to me that I wasn’t a good person but a filthy, corrupted,and wretched sinner who was spiritually lost! Althoughsuch a great some form of godliness 2:3). “How shall we escape if we neglect I may have salvation”….? (Hebrews or righteousness,I was just as lost as those who weren’t righteous. I may have not been a thief, a murderer, a gangster, or a Don’t delay your salvation. Tomorrow is not promised and next week may never come. Don’t take your timedrug dealer, but I was granted!lost as they were. IGod, but it in uncertain to us! andcan’t outrunspiritual darkness in this life for just as Life isn’t certain to was dead is my trespasses We walked in death, but we canever since I was born! I grew up run to God. Calllie and continued toyou deceived!time! believing in a upon Him now while be still have I placed my trust in idolswhich gave me a false assurance and a false hope! The Gospel is truly good news in that it humbled me toget on my kneessays, cry the right time I save me from a on a of bondage to religion, from aListen, now is really "For he and "At out to God to heard you, and life day of salvation I helped you." life of sin, and froma life to total rebellion against Him! It transformed my heartsalvation" (2 a heart of flesh! It made me alive the "right time"! Now is the "day of of stone to Corinthians 6:2)!because I was dead in the sight of God! I cried sorrowfully because I have rebelled against God and I’verepented of all my"Seek and LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while Hisis near" (Isaiah 55:6). showed sins the ask for mercy and grace from God for breaking He commandments. Itme that my own good works would not save me if I were to die then! I had to be redeemed from my sinswhich I could never pay for by theif you hearblood of Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:18-19)! Trusting in His "....Today precious his voice, dont harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7).redemptive work on the cross rather than my own and repenting of my sinful ways which were numerous! It "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be asshowed me that my so called religion, Catholicism, and my good works would take me straight to Hell white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool” (Isaiah 1:18).because I placed my trust on a false god, another Jesus, another gospel, and a false hope! If it wasn’t for Hisgoodness, patience, grace, and mercy, I wouldn’t be aLord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is born-again Christian today and speaking the truth toyou! That’sthe dead, you willthose who read this (including you reader), is justified, and with thesins and from why I desire all be saved. For with the heart one believes and to be saved from their mouth onethe eternal punishment of Hell by receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and 10:9-10). confesses and is saved"(Romans Savior and repenting of their sins!Scripture reveals that God rejoices with His angels when one repents of their sins than ninety ninerighteous people the only way 10). can get you may haveis the only one who can give you to the things that work Christ is (Luke 15:7; you I hope to Heaven! He both an open heart and mind eternal life! Its His I (the cross) and not ours that GodIis pleased with! Seek Him tell you the truth (1 Corinthians 8:1)!have written to you! I wouldnt love if didnt take the time to now and know Him as Lord and Savior, seek Him later, youll know Him as Judge!
29. Don’t choose to keep trusting in your own good works to earn a place in Heaven! Theres nothing we can do to obtain salvation! It doesn’t matter if you’ve: •Sworn allegiance to serve your country •Been adorned with prestigious awards and achievements because of your goodness •A clean record not committing any crimes in your life and hasn’t gotten a speeding ticket •Respected your parents and elders •Kiss your cross or holy statues •Made the sign of the cross on your forehead •Blessed your home with objects to ward off evil spirits or bad luck •Gone to confession on Saturdays to a priest •Counted your beads while praying in monasteries or temples •Repeating a thousand “Our Fathers” •Repeating ten million “Hail Marys” •Sung the Shema (an affirmation of Judaism and a declaration of faith in one God) •Performed all the mikvahs (ritual immersions in Judaism) •Celebrated the High Holy Days and separating all your dishes •Jewish birthright •Been circumcised •Performed any religious rituals to atone for your sins •Walked on prayer labyrinths •Observed the Sabbath (see Appendix: Sabbath on last slide) •A great credit score •Been a valedictorian in school •An associate’s degree •A master’s degree •A P.H.D. •Never done drugs or alcohol in your lifetime •Been treating others the way you want to be treated (i.e. the Golden Rule) •Vowed under celestial marriage (what Mormons teach) •Been denying your desires of this life (what Buddhists teach) •Been observing Christmas •Good manners (i.e. opening doors for people and etc.) •Been meditating on mantras or sutras daily
30. • Given money to the poor• Participated in humanitarian acts such as “Race for the Cure” or “Support Our Troops Walks” • Worn special charms or bracelets to protect you from harm • Holding candlelit vigils in memory of a victim • Donated your clothes to the homeless • Fed the homeless in city kitchens or in a churches • Volunteered in hospitals or convalescent homes to care for the elderly • Worn temple holy garments • Been read the last rites on your deathbed • Been an outstanding law abiding citizen who obeys the law and pays his/her taxes • Been part of the republican or a democrat party • Paid homages to holy temples daily or once a year • Obeyed the four noble truths and the eightfold path • Been baptized in a church whether you’ve been baptized as an infant or older • Been known to have perfect attendance in church or at work • Been practicing Yoga for spiritual or physical wellness • Gained an altered state of consciousness • Been tithing every month to your church and or to a ministry • Been donating money to a good cause (such as a philanthropist) • Been born and raised in a Christian home • Been claiming “once saved, always saved” (aka cheap grace) • Been claiming you’re a Christian but your actions don’t show to be Christian-like • Been born again several times • Been healing people of diseases or illnesses • Been speaking in tongues and giving interpretation of tongues • Been raising the dead • Been casting out demons (i.e. exorcisms, deliverance ministries) • Involved yourself in activist groups to protest against current affairs • Been a member of a secret society or a cult • Sponsored or adopted a child internationally • Raised an awareness program• Set up a foundation to support a family member, friend, or co-worker who has a terminal illness • Honored your ancestors • Been attending self-help or rehabilitation programs • Been sacrificing animals to atone for your sins or to appease your gods • AND ETC.
31. All of the above is futile, demonic, meaningless, and it’s full of vanity! You’ll get yourself nowhere with God withyour works-righteous attitude! If you think you’re saved by the bell or that God will let you off the hook from thesethings, and to justify you as a good person worthy to go to Heaven, it will take you straight to Hell (Matthew 7:13). Remember, it is not the worse sinner who will lose Heaven but the one who thinks he sins less will lose Heaven.Remember, God will not accept a person who comes on their own terms rather than His terms (Christ’s atonement)! He will not let an evil and guilty person off the hook even though he/she did some good in his/her life. What’s even scarier is that there are many who think they’re Christians and who think they’re saved and are doing so many marvelous works in the Lord’s name but in the end when it comes Judgment Day, where they will appear before the Lord, they’ll be judged as workers of iniquity and be cast into Hell! “Not everyone who says unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven; but He who does the Will of myFather which is in Heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not Prophesied in Your Name? andin Your name cast out devils? And in Your Name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from Me, you who work iniquity” (Matthew 7:21-23).“Strive to enter in at the strait gate for many, I say unto you, will seek and enter in, and shall not be able. Whenonce the master of the house is risen up, and has shut the door, and you begin to stand without, and to knock atthe door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and He shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:Then shall you begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in Your presence, and You have taught in our streets. ButHe shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence you are; depart from Me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you shall see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and all the Prophets, in the Kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out” (Luke 14:24-28).Hebrews 9:22 states, “And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission”. In the Old Testament, the priests would sacrifice lambs, goats, etc. to cover the peoples sins (atonement). However, this sacrifice was not significant to remove the stain of sin. But since Christ who became a perfect, sinless, and blameless sacrifice, shed His precious blood so that our sins can be removed from ouraccount! He did this once and for all (Hebrews 7:27; Hebrews 9:12; 26; Hebrews 10:10; 12)! He didn’t die so that youmust work alongside His redemptive work in obtaining salvation (Christ’s death will be in vain if that was the case-Galatians 2:21). He didn’t die so that you can be rich and prosperous in life! He didn’t die so that you can have your best life now! He didn’t die so that you can obtain a higher state of enlightenment or become yourself a god! Hedidn’t die so that you can literally crucify yourself to pay for your own sins! The real truth is that He died and shedHis blood on the cross for you so that your sins be totally forgiven and that His redemptive work on the cross will be accredited to you. His life for ours and His righteousness imputed on us for our sinfulness! The blood of Jesus was shed to not only forgive, but to remove sin (Hebrews 10:1-22)! You must be blood bought!
32. Proverbs 14:12 and Proverbs 16:25 states, “There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death”. The only way you’re going to get to Heaven is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6). Satan loves to deceive people (Genesis 3:1-4; John 8:44) to think there’s another way to God other than what God has already provided for our salvation: His Beloved Son, Jesus, to die for oursins! The real truth is that man-made religion has no truth in it and it doesn’t have the power to restrain, cleanse, atone, and removesin! Only God has the power to do all those things! Nothing is impossible for Him! Don’t continue to rebel against Him and reject the truth of Him and His Gospel by continuing in your sins! Sin may be fun at first but it only lasts for a season and it will never satisfy your soul! It entices you in to an unstoppable addiction that will enslave you into spiritual bondage and in the end damn your soul (without the forgiveness of sins and without genuine repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, you’re destined for Hell)! Don’t chooseto continue aimlessly in finding your purpose in any other religion to fit your lifestyle! Don’t choose to resist Him with your unbeliefin God who wants all to be saved and come in the knowledge of the truth-that is the Gospel (1 Timothy 2:4)! Don’t choose to listen to the lies of Satan that there is no eternal judgment and that you can live the way you want now without being judged according to your thoughts, words, and deeds! Don’t keep putting Him off and think you’ll have time in the world to come to know and be saved by Him! Do it now while you have the chance because we only have one life to live and one chance to choose before we come tojudgment (Hebrews 9:27)! Just like a famous pastor once said that death is not the end but the beginning to the afterlife. Remember, decisions in life determines eternal destiny! You are free to choose in this life but youre not free to choose where you will be in the afterlife! Its reserved for God alone who judges righteously! “It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God” (Hebrews 10:31). “Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell”. (Matthew 10:28; Luke 12:5). “For our "God is a consuming fire” (Hebrews 12:29). Don’t gamble your soul for what’s temporal in this world! "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul”? (Matthew 16:25-26; Luke 9:25). Rather, invest your soul on the Holy One, Jesus Christ, who gives eternal life to anyone who comes to Him through repentance and faith! "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16). “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for Gods wrath remains on him” (John 3:36). “For my Fathers will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day” (John 6:40). “That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I Am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins." (John 8:24).
33. Appendix: About The SabbathAs some of you know, there were only nine of the Ten Commandments mentioned on this presentation. The reason why I left thefourth commandment which reads, “Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy” out intentionally is to explain why thiscommandment has been fulfilled and isn’t commanded for any Christian to observe. The Sabbath which means “rest” is the propername in Scripture for the 7th day of the week which corresponds to our Saturday. However, I will explain why I believe thisviewpoint for several reasons. Here are some of the reasons.1.The Council of Jerusalem in Acts 15:28-29 ruled that the Gentiles (non-Jews) should observe certain rules but the command tokeep the Sabbath is not mentioned.2.Nine out of the Ten Commandments are repeated and enforced in the New Testament except the Fourth Commandment whichstates “Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy”.3.In Mark 7:21-22, 13 sins are listed but Jesus didn’t mention breaking the Sabbath among them.4.In Romans 1:29-30, 20 sins are listed and not one of them is Sabbath breaking.5.In 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 10 sins are listed and Sabbath breaking is not one of them.6.In Galatians 5:19-21, a list of 15 sins are given and Sabbath breaking is not one of them.7.In 2 Timothy 3:1-4, there’s a list of 18 sins, but not once is Sabbath breaking mentioned.8.Revelation 21:8 and Revelation 22:15, a total of 13 sins are mentioned and again Sabbath breaking is not mentioned among them.9.The mark of the beast is not worshiping on Sunday because the Catholic Church changed the original Sabbath day of Saturday assome Seventh Day-Adventists teach (Revelation 13:17-18).10.The Early Church observed Sunday because Jesus resurrected on the first day of the week which is Sunday.11.The Sabbath was a sign for Israel who was under the First Covenant (The Mosaic Covenant-Exodus 33:13; Deuteronomy 5:2-3)12.The Sabbath symbolized Christ who is the mediator of the New Covenant (The Everlasting Covenant).13.Those who under the Sabbath-keeping are under a curse as Paul teaches in Galatians.14.Those who keep the whole of the Law should also keep all the 613 commandments in the First Covenant which is the MosaicCovenant.15.Man started to add various laws (just like the Pharisees did in Jesus’ time) making it very strict and impossible to keep theSabbath.16.Jesus abolished the Sabbath on the cross so Christians aren’t obligated to keep the Sabbath.17.Jesus kept the Law perfect and was Lord over the Sabbath18.We’re under the Law of Christ, the Law of Liberty!19.The rest of God is not a day, it is a state that we enter into through Jesus Christ (Hebrews 3:7-4:11)20.The Sabbath was a shadow that pointed to Christ, the substance (Colossians 2:16-17)!21.Those who accept Christ have accepted Christ as their Sabbath! Rest from their efforts/labors in earning their salvation. Theyrest upon the finished work of Christ (It is finished)!22.Sabbath was never mentioned to have a day nor a night in the beginning of creation. Hence, it was eternal and pointed to Christwho is our eternal Sabbath rest.23.The thief on the cross didn’t keep any of the commandments including the Sabbath. He recognized that He was a sinner whoneeded a Savior and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ! For believing, He was accepted into Paradise!24.The Philippian Jailer when he asked Paul and Silas in Acts, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved”? Paul didn’t say Remember theSabbath and keep it holy but rather he said unto the Philippian Jailer, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved”……25.Christ offers this His rest to all who labor and are heavy laden by religious works in Matthew 11:28-30.
34. Appendix: About The Sabbath (Continued)26. When the rich young ruler asked Jesus, “how do I inherit eternal life”? Jesus mentions 9 of the 10 commandments and didn’tmention Sabbath keeping. However, the problem that the rich young ruler had was coveting and Jesus pointed that out lastly.27. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who preceded Israel and who were known as their fathers didn’t keep the Sabbath (Deuteronomy5:2-3).28. The only commandments that God gave to Adam and Eve were to keep or tend to the garden and not to eat of the Tree of theKnowledge of Good and Evil in Genesis 2:5.29. Work and labor only existed after Adam and Eve sinned in Genesis 3:19.30. The Law didn’t come or wasn’t established until 430 years later after Abraham (Galatians 3:17).31. When there was no Law, there was no transgression…… which meant Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob weren’t responsible for Sabbathbreaking or keeping.32. Christ was chosen as the sacrificial lamb before the foundation of the world and before Sabbath was instituted (1 Peter 1:20-21and 2 Timothy 1:9).33. The Book of Genesis was written during the time of Moses, not before! Neither Adam or Abraham had the book of Genesis! Godrevealed the Sabbath during the time when Israel was in the wilderness journey!34. Christians only observe two ordinances: The Lord’s Supper and Baptism! No observance of Sabbath keeping.35. Sabbath day keeping which is the righteousness of the law only nullifies Christ’s work on the cross and that He died in vain.36. If Sabbath day keeping pleases God, then Christ’s work is meaningless?37. The apostle Paul never kept the Sabbath during his missionary journeys! He only taught in the synagogues during the Sabbath38. If Christians are called sun-worshippers because they worship on Sundays, then shouldn’t we call Sabbath keepers worshippersof Saturn because they worship on Saturdays?39. Everything that Scripture spoke of in the Old Testament was speaking of Him (John 5:39). That includes the Sabbath!40. Jesus boldly claimed that He came to fulfill the Law.41. During Christ’s post-resurrection, two disciples of Christ on the road to Emmaus were instructed by Christ (before He revealedHimself to them) concerning the Scriptures which pointed to Him! From what we read in Luke 24:27, He started from the book ofMoses and all the Prophets! Once again, what Moses and the prophets wrote concerned the Sabbath which is a foreshadow of Christ!42. Before Cornelius was converted, it only stated that He feared God and prayed to God always! Although being a Gentile, it neverstated that he kept the Sabbath! Even after the Sabbath!43. Why is baptism observed more than the Sabbath?44. The Early Church were commanded by Paul to collect offerings on Sundays (the first of the week) in 1 Corinthians 16:1-4. Itdoesn’t even mention the Sabbath day!45. Jesus rose on Sunday, the first of the week, and not on the Sabbath in Mark 16:9.46. The disciples of Jesus assembled three times on Sunday, the first of the week, before and after Jesus’ resurrection, never on theSabbath (John 20:19; John 20:16; Acts 2:1).47. The sign that Jesus was glorified was given on Sunday (John 7:39; Acts 2:1; Acts 3:2).48. The Holy Spirit fell upon the disciples on the Day of Pentecost which fell on a Sunday (Acts 2:1-4).49. The birth of the Church was on the Day of Pentecost which is Sunday (Acts 2:1).50. Jesus had communion after His resurrection with His disciples was on Sunday (Luke 24:1; 13; 28-35).51. In Matthew 28:19-20, why did Jesus commission His disciples as well as us Christians today to go out unto all the nations andmake disciples and teach them to observe all that He commanded and baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and theHoly Spirit? Yet in all of Christ’s teachings which we must teach those to observe, never did He say to keep the Sabbath!
35. Appendix: About The Sabbath (Continued)52. Sabbath keeping only leads one back into the bondage of the Law (Galatians 4:9-10).53. When Nicodemus came to visit Jesus in the night in John 3, Jesus never mentioned that he had to keep the Sabbath but Heneeded to be born again.54. When the crowd of 5,000 asked Jesus, “what work does God require us to do”? Yet Jesus replied that the work that Godrequires is that they believe in Him Whom He has sent (speaking of Himself). There is no mention of Sabbath keeping.55. Sabbath keeping is a work that contradicts Ephesians 2:8-9 that we’re saved by grace through faith and not of works lest anyman should boast.56. Those who keep the Sabbath become a stumbling block to other Christians (even to baby Christians-1 Corinthians 8:9).57. Sabbath keeping was part of the Law which was a curse. Yet, Jesus became a curse for us to redeem us from the Law (Galatians3:13).58. The Sabbath was made for man not man for Sabbath (Mark 2:27). Jesus was reinstating the principle that the Sabbath wasinstituted to relieve man from his labors, just as He came to relieve man from attempting to achieve salvation through works.59. Sabbath keeping which is part of the Law can never make one perfect.60. Keeping the Sabbath doesn’t save you. If you’re not blood bought, there is no remission (forgiveness) of sins.61. Even though most Christians worship on Sunday and consider it to be the Sabbath, we should remember that there is no daythat we need to esteem. Christ is the Sabbath to Christians.62. Christians are dead to the Law which includes Sabbath keeping (Romans 7).63. The Sabbath was not given to the Church as a sign.64. Sabbath keeping leads to fear and judgment.65. Although God rested on the Seventh Day in Genesis 2:1, we learn in the four gospels through Christ that God never stoppedworking (John 5:17). Yet God finished the work which was man’s salvation in Christ (John 19:30).66. The Sabbath was never commanded other nations in the Old Testament to observe the Sabbath.67. The Law and the prophets (which includes Sabbath) were until John and beyond that time the Gospel of the Kingdom was beingpreached (Luke 16:16).68. Noah never kept the Sabbath because the Law was never given then. It was only given to Moses.69. Joseph never kept the Sabbath because the Law was never given during his time in Egypt and even when the Israelites were inEgyptian bondage for 400 years.70. Sabbath was never changed! It was abolished by Christ Himself!71. When Jesus spoke the Sermon on the Mount, He never mentioned the hearers to keep the Sabbath!72. If Christians who don’t keep the Sabbath, how come Sabbath keepers don’t stone them according to the death penalty ofSabbath breakers?73. Sabbath keepers break their own rules which is punishable by death since they live under the Law74. The priests in the Old Testament were allowed to profane the Sabbath (Numbers 28:9-10; Matthew 12:5). In fact, their whole lifewas dedicated in serving God.75. Sabbath keepers state that Constantine changed the Sabbath to Sunday but the Early Church had long been observing Sunday.76. Why was there no protest recorded in history to this supposed change made by Constantine?78. Insisting Christians to observe the Sabbath day as Jews did, turns our minds away from the spiritual lessons it was meant toteach us.79. Christ abolished the enmity (the Law which includes the Sabbath) in His flesh (Ephesians 2:15).80. Christ is the mediator of a better covenant than the old (which includes Sabbath keeping).81. Christ shed His blood which is the blood of the New Testament. His blood washes away our sins and the Law that was against us(which includes Sabbath keeping).
36. Appendix: About The Sabbath (Continued)82. Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness (abolishing and fulfilling the Sabbath-Romans 10:4).83. The Sabbath was not a moral Law but a ceremonial law.84. Christians never copied Sunday worship from the religion of Mithraism as Sabbath Keepers argue.85. The disciples of Christ kept the Sabbath because they didn’t understand that all of the Law of Moses (including Sabbathkeeping) would be abolished.86. Since Christians who are under the New Testament/Covenant are a royal priesthood, aren’t we also exempt from keeping theSabbath?87. Sabbath keepers believe that the seal of God is keeping the Sabbath. However, the Bible never makes mention that Sabbathkeeping is the seal of God.88. If Sabbath keeping is the seal of God, isn’t the Holy Spirit the seal of God who seals us for the day of redemption?89. Does Sabbath keeping make me more better than other Christians?90. Sabbath keeping is not true rest! True rest comes through Christ alone who gives rest to our souls!91. Does Sabbath keeping promises the Holy Spirit? I thought the Spirit is received through faith and not the works of the Law(Galatians 3:2)!92. Christ takes away the first covenant (the Law) and establishes the Second (the New covenant) in Hebrews 10:9.93. The priesthood changed means there is made of necessity a change also of the Law (includes Sabbath keeping) in Hebrews 7:12.94. The Book of Hebrews speaks about everything in the Old Testament was the fulfillment of Christ. A book Sabbath keepers needto read.95. The Lord’s Supper/Communion was never taken on the Sabbath. There is no scripture support for it!96. If Sabbath keeping is still enforced, then why did Jesus come in the first place?97. Was Jesus’ mission successful in His mission to fulfill the Law which He made?98. Sabbath keeping leads to idolatry! For Sabbath keepers, you have broken the third commandment and are guilty of breaking allTen Commandments.99. Sabbath keeping frustrates the grace of God100.Sabbath keeping causes one not to do good to those who are in need.