By visiting or using this Site, you are expressly agreeing to and accepting this Policy.
This Policy is effective March 1, 2010.
1. Collection. When you register for the eBay Developers Conference and attend
the eBay Developers Conference, or contact us, we may collect:
• Personal information that you provide us, such as your name, email
address, credit card or debit card information, billing and mailing
address, phone number(s), emergency contact information and
• IP address and standard web log information; and
• Any other information you provide us when using the Site or when
registering and attending the eBay Developers Conference.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you choose to provide us with personal
information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our
servers in the United States.
2. Use. We use users’ personal information to:
• provide the Site service and for the eBay Developers Conference
• resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our policies;
• inform you about eBay Developers Conference updates on
registration, sessions and keynotes and measure interest in our
• send you eBay Developers Conference related information (if you
sign up to receive it).
3. Disclosure. We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for
their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your
information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve
and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive
marketing communications from us or participate, indicate your preference by following
the directions provided with the communication. We may disclose personal information
to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that user
activity violates other’s rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. We may
also share personal information with service providers who help with our business
operations (such as credit card processing), and with members of our corporate family
(such as PayPal), who may provide joint content and services and help detect and
prevent potentially illegal acts.
4. Access, Modification, and Deletion. We delete personal information when we
no longer need it for the purposes described above. We retain personal information as
permitted by law to resolve disputes and enforce our policies. To access or correct your
information, or to unsubscribe from our newsletter please contact us.
5. Security. We use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to
protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but we
do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information will
remain private. We are not responsible for any privacy policies or data practices of any
third party website, including without limitation any social networking website or
6. General. We may update this Policy at any time, with updates taking effect
when you next use this Site or thirty (30) days after the updated Policy is posted to this
Site, whichever is sooner. If we or our corporate affiliates are involved in a merger or
acquisition, we may share personal information with another company, but this Policy
will continue to apply. For questions about this Policy email us at contact us or write to
us at eBay Inc. Attn: Legal – Global Privacy Practices, 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose,