Exercise # 3
How to bid in eBay
1) Search in eBay using the method previously described.
2) Check the seller’s feedback by clicking on the number in parentheses behind seller’s id to determine
reputable eBayer .
3) Factor in shipping and handling charges when calculating how much you want to invest in an item. Make
sure that the payment method required by the seller is acceptable to you/
4) Determine the highest bid price you are willing to pay during this bid cycle for the item, and click on “Place
5) Enter your user id and password and click on “Submit”.
6) If you are the currently high bidder, this screen will appear.
If someone has outbid you, this screen will appear:
Once you have placed your bid, eBay will keep you informed on the bidding progress via email.
The first email will be confirming your bid
If you are out bid, eBay will send the following email:
If you are successful in your bidding and are the high bidder at the end of the auction, this is the email you will