SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
DITA solved a fundamental publishing problem: multiple output formats from a single source, especially PDF and Help. DITA’s full potential lies in its ability to support web content delivery. DITA ...
DITA solved a fundamental publishing problem: multiple output formats from a single source, especially PDF and Help. DITA’s full potential lies in its ability to support web content delivery. DITA is perfectly suited for dynamically-presented, componentized, web-searchable, socially-enabled, personalized content.
What will DITA ‘publishing’ look like in several years? In this presentation we share the emerging vision for DITA publishing and collaboration that we are hearing from real DITA users:
- Cloud-based tools will enable authoring, collaboration, and reuse to reach beyond technical publications into marketing, support, suppliers, and ultimately customers.
- Centralized DITA repositories will become searchable by internet and enterprise search engines.
- On the web, book-style navigation will be replaced by world-class search applications that provide faceted search, suggest related content, connect users and experts, and integrate search results from multiple sources, all through high-quality metadata.
- Presentation of DITA content in purpose-built knowledge portals will become the primary publishing channel.
- Information developers will evolve into managers of content-centric communities, and will curate more content than they write.
- On-demand, personalized deliverables will be easily assembled by non-technical authors to meet their unique needs.
This presentation includes real-world examples of next generation publishing concepts, and identifies key areas of change for DITA and related standards.