Transcript of "Training and Organization Developlemt Division "
Learning and OD
• HRM deals with the day to day operations of the
human resources department.
bus. law, compensation, employee relations, benefits,
and medical etc.
• HRD : Human Resource Development deals with the
training and the developmental aspect of employees.
Most HRD curriculum include classes like T & D,
organizational dev., industrial psy.
• HRD is more proactive; it copes with the changing needs of the
people as well as anticipate these needs and HRD is function more
independent with separate roles to play.
• HRD is sub-system of a large system, more organizational oriented
and HRD is function more independent with separate roles to play.
• HRD is continuous process and HRM is a routine and administrative
• •HRD is involvement of the entire work force from top to bottom is
more and a must in most of the cases and HRM is basically the
responsibilities of the HR department.
HRD Nine Strategies
Focus on Performance
Align to Corporate
Invest in Strategic
Leverage on our
Partnership with Different
Cultivate Values and
The Evergreen Project
• A careful examination of more
than 200 well-established
management practices within 160
companies over a 10-year period
• The authors point out that
companies which consistently
follow this formula of 4 + 2 have a
90% chance of sustaining superior
Results (10 Years)
• Total Return to Shareholders
943% (Winners) vs 62% (losers)
413% (Winners) vs 83% (losers)
• Operating Income
326% (Winners) vs 22% (losers)
• Return on Invested Capital (%)
+5.45% (Winners) vs -8.52% (losers)
Major 4 Factors
1. Strategy: devise and maintain a clearly stated,
2. Execution: develop and maintain flawless
3. Culture: develop and maintain a performance-
4. Structure: build and maintain a fast, flexible, flat
Minors - 4 Factors
Master two of the four secondary management
(i) Talent: hold on to talented employees and find
(ii) Innovation: make industry-transforming
(iii) Leadership: find leaders who are committed to
the business and its people.
(iv) Mergers and acquisitions: seek growth through
mergers and partnerships