2. OUR SOLAR SYSTEM• Formed from the force of an exploding star, our solar system is a neighborhood in space. Held in place by the enormous gravitational pull of the sun are nine planets, over sixty moons and billions of asteroids and comets. These stretch over a distance of 7.6 trillion kilometers.
3. Fun facts• Diameter:1.6 light years• Age:4.6 billion years• Dwarf planet:1• Time taken to orbit the center of milky way: 220 million years• Star: the sun• Total number of planets:8• Total number of moons:63• Future life:5 billion years
5. The sun
6. Solar wind
7. The planets
9. HIDDENPLANETMercury is a verydifficult planet toexplore. It is normallyblocked by the sun’slight when seen fromearth. Even theHubble spacetelescope cannotobserve the planetbecause the sun’s rayscan damage it’sequipment.
10. Fun facts
12. VENUS’S FUN FACTS
14. Fun facts
16. Moon fun facts
18. Mars fun facts
20. Fun facts• Diameter: 142,984km• Distance from sun:779 million km• Surface gravity:2.36 x earth• Length of orbit: 4333 earth days• Length of day:10 earth hours• Mass:317.9 x earth• Density (water=1):1.33• Moons:61• Rings:3
22. Saturns rings
23. Saturn fun facts• Diameter:120,536km• Distance from sun:1426 million km(886 million miles)• Gravity:0.92 x earth• Orbit time : 10,760 earth days• Day:10 hours• Mass: 95.2 x earth• Density(water=1):0.69• Moons:31• Rings:7
25. Fun facts• Diameter:51,166km• Distance from sun:2869 million km• Gravity:0.89 x earth• Orbital period:30,065 earth days• Day:18 hours• Mass 14.5 x earth• Density (water=1):1.27• Moons :21• Rings:11