1. Student Page [Teacher Page] Study Abroad…the Web! Title A WebQuest for High School: Spanish 1 Introduction Designed by Task Elizabeth Gates Process email@example.com Evaluation Conclusion http://jimenapulse.blogspot.com/2011/10/today-is-bank-holiday-okay-fiesta.html Credits Based on a template from The WebQuest Page
2. Student Page [Teacher Page] Title Introduction Introduction Task Get ready for an opportunity of a life time: Process Studying Abroad…the Web! You have been Evaluation granted the opportunity to discover another Conclusion country, expenses paid for! You will “study abroad” to Spanish speaking countries’ websites and select your favorite travel experience. Afterwards, write an essay in Spanish demonstrating your knowledge of the culture, history, and any other information you find to be important. Credits
3. Student Page [Teacher Page] Title The Task Introduction Task General knowledge of Spanish speaking Process Evaluation countries obtained Conclusion Use of Spanish language ability A development of cultural understanding Understanding contents of a valid web source Writing an essay in Spanish You will be using Microsoft Office Word as well as the Internet. Credits
4. Student Page [Teacher Page] The Process Title 1. Before your traveling abroad experience, you will need to do some research Introduction on the following countries by visiting all of the links provided below- Task Mexico: Process http://www.visitmexico.com/ http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html Evaluation http://www.fodors.com/world/mexico-and-central-america/mexico/ Conclusion Spain: http://www.spain.info/ http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2010-08-11-3054814279_x.htm http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/country_profiles/991960.stm Puerto Rico: http://www.meetpuertorico.com/ http://www.topuertorico.org/history.shtml http://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/1898/bras.html 2. “Travel abroad” by collecting important information about each country including history, culture, dialect, customs, traditions, food, and other factors you find to be important. 3. After selecting your travel destination and traveling to that location, you will write an essay in Spanish about your “discoveries and experiences,” or Credits rather the information you collect on the internet.
5. Student Page [Teacher Page] Evaluation Title Scor CATEGORY 4-Excellent 3-Good 2-Fair 1-Poor e Introduction Organization Information is Information is Information is The information Task very organized organized with organized, but appears to be with well- well-constructed paragraphs are disorganized. 8) Process constructed paragraphs. not well- Evaluation paragraphs and constructed. subheadings. Conclusion Quality of Information Information Information Information has Information clearly relates to clearly relates to clearly relates to little or nothing the main topic. the main topic. the main topic. to do with the It includes It provides 1-2 No details main topic. several supporting and/or examples supporting details and/or are given. details and/or examples. examples. Amount of All topics are All topics are All topics are One or more Information addressed and addressed and addressed, and topics were not all questions most questions most questions addressed. answered with at answered with at answered with 1 least 2 sentences least 2 sentences sentence about about each. about each. each. Mechanics No grammatical, Almost no A few Many spelling or grammatical, grammatical grammatical, punctuation spelling or spelling, or spelling, or Credits errors. punctuation punctuation punctuation errors errors. errors.
6. Student Page [Teacher Page] Title Conclusion Introduction Task Welcome Home! After your study Process abroad experience, not only should you Evaluation have learned a great amount of cultural Conclusion information, but also gained language ability! This WebQuest has hopefully stimulated ideas to study abroad and see the beautiful lands of the world. Credits
7. Student Page [Teacher Page] Credits & References Title Introduction The links given for the students’ use are: Task http://www.visitmexico.com/ Process http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html Evaluation http://www.fodors.com/world/mexico-and-central-america/mexico/ Conclusion http://www.spain.info/ http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2010-08-11- 3054814279_x.htm http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/country_profiles/991960.stm http://www.meetpuertorico.com/ http://www.topuertorico.org/history.shtml http://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/1898/bras.html Spanish Standard Information was taken from: http://www.actfl.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3392 I received the template for this WebQuest from the following links: The WebQuest Page and The WebQuest Slideshare Group Credits
8. [Student Page]Teacher Page Curriculum Standards (Teacher) Title Spanish Standards Addressed Introduction •Students understand and interpret written Learners and spoken language on a variety of topics Standards • Students present information, concepts, Process and ideas to an audience of listeners or Resources readers on a variety of topics. EvaluationTeacher Script •Students demonstrate an understanding of Conclusion the relationship between the practices and perspectives of the culture studied Not only will students be thinking creatively while conducting this product, but they will also be encouraged to think critically while writing their essays in Spanish. Credits